Chapter 1 | Introduction

NOTE: this chapter is mainly lore, and my attempt at comedy, so just read the lore, and skip to chapter 2.

This is Alternative history, with beginning date being 1939 Nazi scum don't rise to power, and instead, an Imperialist Party with the form of restoring Prussian monarchy takes hold of the country. The Soviet Union invades Germany, the Baltic states, Finland and Poland with a force of 10 Million troops. Polish Communist seize the opportunity, and launch a revolution. The Baltic states put up a strong resistance, while evacuating 60% of their population to Germany, Denmark and Sweden. Polish troops still loyal to the Government, launch a counterattack with 30 Panzer 3 F's. Their 50mm guns prove effective against the BT-7 tanks, with Soviet commanders launching into a panic not realising that the Poles had tanks. This counterattack gave Germany time to mobilise its army. Konigsberg gets overrun by the Soviets, effectively isolating the Baltic states, who are now fighting for their lives. 

Over on the West, a new radical government takes power after the Great Depression, and starts its own great terror. Lots of companies, including the ones which would make the Legendary Sherman tank, move production to Canada. Soon though, after tensions spill over, with Canada being invaded by the US, but immediately get halted after tough Canadian resistance. The Commonwealth issue a list of demands, but the US refuse. 2 weeks after, the near superior RAF begins bombing US cities, with their Wellington bombers. Soon, after so many years of war not being at home, the US experience what war really is. Skyscrapers in Chicago and New York fall to the ground. At sea, it is a stalemate, with the British resorting to submarine warfare. Asia is a complete mess, with Japan conquering most of China, and parts of the Southern Asia and Indonesia. Australia is nearly cut off, with Japan managing to launch operations in India, and Air Strikes into South Africa and India.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Its 1942, quite Autumny, and I am about to do my basic training. I am excited, but we need to rewind, back to 1939. I remember sitting down for Breakfast, I pick up a newspaper, and nearly spit out my coffee. The title exclamied: "Soviet Union attacks Finland, Poland, Germany and the Baltic States!" My best friend, Klaus, was in Finland. I asked my dad: 

"What will happen dad, will Klaus be ok?"

"Hoho" he laughed. "Those commies are stupid attacking Finland. From what I heard, their tanks, the T-35's will go straight through the ground!" and he was surprisingly right. The Soviets couldn't send their big tanks through because they kept getting bogged down. And their T-26 tanks wont stand a chance against the Finnish anti-tanks weapons. Now, fast forward to later that year.

I am a simple Swede you see. I see someone attacking my neighbour country, Finland, I pull out a Mauser from the attic, hug my parents, pack a Swedish flag, as well as some food, scream "FOR SCANDINAVIA!" and charge down into Finland blasting commies to bits but nooooooo. My dad told me I couldn't go because I was 14.

"I dont CARE if I am 14! I can shoot a pigeon out of the sky at 300 metres!" I complained

"No, you are my son, and you are staying HERE" my dad said. 

So... now, fast forward to 1942. I am 16 years old, and I am going through basic training... to be a tanker. I am standing with my best friends, Klaus, Karl, and Hans. An adventure is about to begin

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my first story, what do you think?

Please write in comments what you want to add to the lore!