Chapter 4: Bathing Bird

I wake up and the startling sound of a slam close by. My eyes snap open and I see candles out, a thin line of smoke dancing away. I notice my music shut off and take out my earbuds.

"Hello?" I yell. "Sam? Everything okay?"

I get out of the now cold bath and wrap myself in a towel. I go over to the counter to see that my clothes are gone, except the bracelet my grandpa had that he gave me. A silver cuff bracelet he wore for as long as I can remember. I put it on, understanding why whoever pulled this prank left that, if they took that I would have freaked.

"My clothes? Really?" I yell. "You guys are so going to get a facefull of snow if you don't give my clothes back!" I yell.

I put my phone on the counter next to Beth's and leave the bathroom. I look around and don't see anyone. I walk out into the upper hallway and see how dark it is and how empty it is.

"Okay, I've had enough of being scared today, you guys. That's enough." I say, but hear no response. Barely any noise for that matter.

I walk down the hallway to the stairs and I see a bunch of red balloons tied to the rails of the stairs leading down. I instantly feel anxious.

Last summer, before Hannah and Beth went missing, everyone came to the lodge and watched the new IT movie. Apparently Josh's dad helped with some of the filming. Plus Josh being obsessed with anything horror. I was so terrified that I made Ashley and Matt stay at my house for the next week. Every time after that I saw a red balloon, I freaked out thinking Pennywise was going to get me. I know that Pennywise is a fake character, just an actor, but it still scared me that bad.

I slowly walk down the stairs, following the balloons, the only thing guiding me through the dark other than a few candles.

"Okay, can I have my clothes back now? Please?" I ask.

When I hear nothing, I follow the balloons into the theater.

"Josh? Sam?"

Nothing. Once I step into the theater, the doors slam closed behind me and lock. I scream and clutch my towel tightly.

"Hello Y/n." a man's deep voice says over the speakers.

"What the hell?" I ask, looking around.

"Looking for me? I don't think you're going to have much luck. I'm not here." The man says.

"W-What's going on?"

"You're only going to see what I want you to see." The man continues. "You've missed quite a bit."

I look at the screen and a video of me asleep in the bath starts to play. With the way the camera moves, I can tell he was in there with me. Luckily the bubbles cover my body.

"Oh my god. You creep!" I yell, holding my towel close.

"She's quite beautiful, isn't she. A beautiful bathing bird."

"What.. How.. Why did you..." I can only mutter.

"Do you think these were the last happy moments of this creature's life?"

At this moment I realize this can't be a prank. I look around and notice a door. I remember, the door leads to a bedroom, and then to one of the hallways. The hallway leads to one of the entrances to the basement, or back to the living room. If I could run to the basement, and out the other side, I could lock him in.

"Why are you showing this to me?"

"Why are you watching?"

"I don't exactly have a choice do I?"

"All of you are going to meet your fate, one of your friends has already met his."

I look back at the screen to see a video of Josh being sliced in half by a saw. His face contorted in pain as he screams for help.

"NO! Oh my god!" I scream in between shocked crying.

I just got Josh back, and now he's gone. He didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve any of this.

"I'm going to give you ten seconds... nine..."

"No... Noo." I say, feeling myself start to hyperventilate.

"Eight... Seven..." The man continues.

"NO!" I scream.

The theatre doors burst open and in walks a man wearing blue overalls, boots, and a mask. He looks a bit taller than me, taller than Matt, but shorter than Mike. About Josh's height.

"Y/n." The man chimes, "Y/n?"

My flight or fight response kicks in, and I run to the door, throwing it open and looking around. I see the basement door across the room and jump over the bed. I run into the basement, running down the cold stone steps, and into the storage part. I hide behind a pillar and cover my mouth.

"Y/n? Why are you hiding?" The man asks mockingly.

I move over to a better spot, but something falls over with a clank. A wooden baseball bat.

"The doctor will see you now." The man says while giving a creepy laugh.

I try to run, but he grabs me and covers my mouth with a rag. I start to feel dizzy when I see how close the bat is. I reach for it and hit him as hard as I can in the head. He lets me go with a groan and I run further into the basement. I run until I see a door and reach for the handle realizing there is none.

"Are you kidding me? No handle?"

I can hear the man's footsteps coming closer, so I knock over one of the empty wine racks. I hear the sound of something metal clank on the floor and see the doorknob. I hear the man's footsteps just outside the room. I fumble with the doorknob because I'm shaking like crazy. I open the door and shut it behind me, locking it.

I look around to see three ways. I go to the left and run far before I get grabbed from one of the connecting rooms by the man again. He puts the rag back over my mouth and holds me forcefully.

"So sorry." The man says as he laughs. "You can't get away this time."

His grip is too strong for me to break. My vision fades from cloudy to black; there's nothing I can do to save myself.