Buttered Popcorn and Heart Emojis

You slept well that night. After you'd gotten home you and Olivia had discussed what had happened with Wilbur. And by discussion you mean giggling incessantly about him and wondering whether he was going to text you. 

You knew you'd had a bit of a vibe. At least, you felt it. The way his breath hitched slightly when he made eye contact, the way his hand felt against yours...you were definitely catching feelings for him. The way his hair falls, the cute little beanie he wears, the smoothness of his voice...

You spent the next couple days working at the restaurant, during which you spilled coffee on a customer's lap. The lecture your boss gave you was almost as scalding as the coffee. You thought about quitting, but you needed this job. Olivia couldn't support both of you by herself, and you didn't know if another opportunity would come by. You supposed sticking it out would be the best option. 

Your relief was when you got home and saw Wilbur was streaming. He always made you laugh. This particular night, he was doing a You Laugh, You Lose challenge. Those were some of your favorites. You and Olivia grabbed a bowl of popcorn and some sodas and tried not to laugh yourselves. It was the same old videos, but you still managed to lose at "cheeto." 

After the stream ended, you noticed it was about 1am. You got ready for bed, and as you were brushing your teeth, your phone buzzed. You finished brushing and looked at it:

Unknown number

hey...this is wilbur. i was wondering if you'd like to join me for a cup of coffee sometime soon?

You stared at your phone, in shock. Wilbur had texted you! You screamed and jumped up and down in happiness, showing Olivia your phone until she was also screaming and jumping with you. 

You

sure, I'd love to!

You had agonized over the short message back for a while, but decided the short confirmation was best. In the meantime, you renamed Wilbur's contact. 

Wilby ❤️

ok! i'll pick you up around 4pm tomorrow

You

sounds good! see you then 😊

Wilby ❤️

see you ;)

You went to bed, still giggling. You were excited. Tomorrow would be a good day. 

Thanks for reading! Sorry it was such a short chapter. 

Word count: 392