Fancy Dinners and Saltwater Kisses

It's Thursday. Date night. You couldn't be more excited. 

You'd spent the afternoon with Olivia picking out outfits and getting prepared. You wore something fancy; it was a dinner date after all. You settled on a skirt and a nice top. (you can choose your own outfit :) It was fall, so still warm enough to wear the outfit but it might get colder at night. That only meant an excuse to wear Wilbur's jacket. 

Wilbur arrived at the time you'd agreed to. Olivia wished you good luck and you grabbed your purse and walked out to his car. You got in and smiled at him, admiring his outfit. He was wearing a simple button-down shirt and black jeans. He looked good in it, you had to admit. He was smiling back at you. 

"You look beautiful," he said, his eyes giving away that he meant it. 

"You look nice as well." you replied, also meaning it. 

He smiled at you again and started to drive. He broke the silence first, "So how did you like the stream from a few nights ago?"

"I liked it. It was really exciting to be streaming with all of you. And it was fun annoying Tommy," I said with a small giggle. 

"Annoying Tommy is the best part of streaming" 

"I could tell. You were pretty good at it"

"I've had lots of practice. And clearly you also know how to get under his skin"

"Yeah, I guess I do. I have so many embarrassing stories"

Wilbur chuckled. "Chat loved those. It'll take him a while to live that down."

"From what you were saying, I was a fan favorite"

"You were, sitterinnit" You could sense a jokingly mocking tone in Wilbur's voice. 

"They must've lost it when we ended up together in that monster dating game"

"They did. Chat was trying to come up with a ship name for us. But 'SitterSoot' just didn't work"

You giggled. "Imagine what they'd say if they knew we were going on a real date"

Wilbur chuckled again, "Oh, they wouldn't stop talking about it. They'd start drawing fanart immediately"

You took out your phone and scrolled through Instagram "I think they already have"

Wilbur glanced at your phone while you were at a red light. (no texting and driving, kids) He laughed, "Wow. That was quick"

Some of the fanart was actually pretty good. Most drew you with the same hair color as Tommy, wearing the same white T-shirt with colored sleeves. It was cute, and a lot of drawings were depicting scenarios you'd shared during the stream, like Tommy eating mud, for instance. 

You and Wilbur chatted more about the events of the jackbox stream until you arrived at the restaurant. It was quite fancy, and a decent drive away. You were glad you'd decided on a fancy outfit. 

He confidently walked up to the host at the front and said "Hi, reservation for Wilbur?"

The host looked through their computer, then grabbed two menus and said, "Right this way."

They led you to a small table right near the window. There was a very beautiful tree outside, and the light filtered through the reddened leaves to wreath the room in an orange tint. You and Wilbur sat down. 

"So, what do you usually do on dates?" You asked Wilbur

"I usually impress girls with my incredible charm," Wilbur said, smirking, before he imitating the "what's poppppiiiiiiiiing" video. Someone at a nearby table glanced over at you and Wilbur confused, but it was clear that Wilbur didn't notice or care.