Start of a Long Month

A/n : Finally ! I finally got to update chapter 1 of All Beasts' Pride. College has started and internal exams are nearing. But really, I can't make an excuse coz I've been procastinating and am still procastinating.

I'm not gonna lie, this particular story in "Meanwhile, in Cray" series may not be so, like.. it's got more miscellaneous, I guess. I actually wrote this fic before Knights Night Out, but then rearranged it. But I promise it gets better though.

I hope you enjoy nonetheless

^~^~^~^

          The sky was painted with beautiful stars and planets from the surface of Planet Cray. From time to time, comets shoot across the serene night sky and lit up the mountains for a second. The city light of the United Sanctuary was brightly alive even in the dark.

          In a glorious palace of the Royal and Gold Paladin, mostly all beasts from the two clans live there. In one of those big buildings were two floors of High Dogs. There was also rooms made for them in the main castle but they liked this place. It was quite distant from the main palace but the trees and rivers flowing around it made the beasts feel comfortable more than inside the city's heart.

In the cornermost room of the first floor, two high dogs were chatting and reminiscing about the past. The room was not big; it didn't have to be, but was big enough to fit two beds, two sword stands, a big mirror and two closets and a table with a lamp. A single wall light was turned on. The wall was white painted with blue bones pattern.

Wingal and Barcgal were on their beds as the blue dog resumed, "I gotta admit it was cool."

"Yea," the white one agreed, "and now that Gyze is defeated, it's also nice to have a break."

Without his armour, Barcgal looked like a fragile normal dog with mere legs strength but stern eyes. But looks deceive sometimes. The truth remains that he was one of the smartest and strongest high beast under the order of Blaster Blade.

Wingal yawned, "I'm sleepy. Akane really made us race to the deserts today. I didn't really think she was gonna do that."

He bit and took his scarf off his neck and threw it on the floor. Rubbing his eyes, the dog yawned. Before he made himself comfortable enough, he flapped his ears...or wings and took a deep breath.

"Right." Barcgal said as he remembered, "there's a rumour about a new tournament going to be held soon."

"Tournament ?" Wingal asked.

"Yea. I heard it involves high beasts from different clans and nations."

"Good luck if you're gonna participate."

"I don't think so... It's just a rumour anyway."

"Akane making us run till deserts was also a rumour."

"We'll know soon enough."

"Tell Akane I'm not participating."

"Tell her yourself."

Then silence...until

"Wingal, Barcgal !" came a female voice. At the call, the two dogs sat up in attention, "Yes."

A pink female dog barged it with a paper in her mouth.

"Flogal ??" They exclaimed.

"We thought you were Akane with that paper in your mouth !"said Wingal as he sighed.

"I was gonna have a heart attack." Barcgal added.

Flogal lifted a brow asking, "Were you two doing something I should most probably tell Akane ?"