Chapter 25

H I K A R I ' S P . O . V

"Hanging out with your brother gave me ALMOST a heart attack."

I heard Ruki's voice echoed in my mind.As I let myself fall on the bed,I close my eyes and tried to absorb the situation.I let out a sigh and remembered the mysterious lady.Was that really a dream.I groaned in agony and reach for a pillow to cover my face,but instead of a pillow a hard object hit my face.

"Ouch!What the hell is this?"I picked the book out of my face while rubbing my cheek and gave it a better look.

BROWN COVER.RUBY CENTERED SHAPED PADLOCK.A JOURNAL.

I drop the journal in shock,this can't be.It was just a dream how come?I bit my lip trying to make some hypothesis on the mystery until I tasted my own blood.I realized my fangs teared my lower lip.I focused my gaze on the mysterious journal.

"I better show this to Lady Mukami"I picked the journal and twisted the doorknob.
.
.
.
.
!!??
.
.
.
What!?

I groaned.Ruki locked the door.Argh!Shit!Now i'm damned.

A gush of wind blew my hair as well as my white nightgown.My gaze focused on the window and smirked.I have an idea.I opened my closet which I never opened for a week,and retrieve some comfortable clothes to wear.

After 2 minutes...

I stare on my reflection on the mirror.I'm wearing a black v neck t-shirt,accompanied with black knee length shorts and black rubbershoes while my hair is tied on a ponytail and my bangs were framed on my face.

With the journal in my hand,I jumped from the 3rd floor to the ground.Good thing I landed safely and quitely.I tiptoed from the garden to the hallway,I look like a robber right now,never mind...

"Hikari?"I almost jump in shock.I posed like a sumo warrior and face the newcomer.

"Don't mess up with me i'm a vampire kill-"My voice toned down and turned off my guard.

"Lady Mukami.."I said awkwardly.She gave me a bright smile while patting my head.

"I thought you were sleeping in your room?But from the looks..."She observed my appearance while holding her chin with her fingers.

"Huh?N-No!!I'm not really a vampire killer,actually I came out to ask you something!!!"I explained while making wierd hand gestures.

She sighed in relief.After that she let me enter her office which is still very eerie.both of us were serious now seating face-to-face.I showed her the journal.She made a small gasp.

"What is this?"I asked.She held the journal and touched the ruby in the center of the padlock.

"Hikari,have you seen or heard about your mother?"she asked.I felt something strange inside me that I cannot explain it is like,something is gonna happen.

"Y-Yes.."After the incident with the vampire hunters Reiji told me everything when he was drunk.I bit my lip and tasted my blood on my lower lip again.She handed me the journal,I look at her face.Her cheeks flooded in tears while her lips curled into a smile.She reach for my hand,I grab hers and held it tightly.

"That journal came from your mother Hikari,that's her memorandum.You are Maria's daughter,the legendary vampire killer.And you are the key to her revenge!"

A tear escape on my eye,I let go of Lady Mukami's hand and held the journal.

'This thing came from my mother..'

I held it closer on my chest and stood up from my seat.

"Thank you so much,Lady Mukami."I bowed before leaving.

🔷🔸🔷🔸🔷🔸🔷🔴🔷🔸🔷🔸🔷🔸🔷

I sat beside the red roses,giving myself a moment.So Lady Mukami knew everything from the start?I retrieve the journal and stare on the padlock,how can I open it?I remembered what Lady Mukami said earlier..

'You are the key to her revenge!!'

"If I am the key,then..."I touch the ruby and felt nostalgic.

"Help me to find the hole to unlock it.."I whispered and gave it a light peck.

"Mama..."