Chapter 5

~~~~~~~~~~(Y/N)'s POV~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Before we go, it's getting pretty dark outside. We should get some sleep." Jesse suggests. We all nod before making our way to the ground floor.

   Making our way downstairs, I look at Ivor who's in front of me. I look at his hair to see a piece of fluff on it. I smile before lifting my hand to go pinch it out.

   Ivor feels me touching his hair and immediately turns around.

   "What the hell?" Ivor yells at me. I chuckle before explaining.

   "There was a piece of feather or something in your hair." I say to him as I hold the piece up to him. He shrugs his shoulders before turning around and continuing down the stairs.

   As we make it to the first floor, I see Leo waving to the front desk person. She looks up at us and stand up.

   "Leo! (Y/N)!" She says to us. All of our attention goes to the person at the front desk.

   "Hey, Kayla." Leo says to her.

   "You guys aren't joining the tournament this year?" Kayla asks us. Me and Leo look at each other. I guess we haven't thought about that tournament this year.

   "Uh... I guess we can't really do it this year, sorry." Leo says to Kayla. She widens her eyes before shaking her head.

   "You guys have to! Haven't you guys heard? There's finally gonna be another prize other than gold nuggets." Kayla explains. We all look at each other.

   "What is it?" I ask Kayla. She nods at me before pulling out a notebook from the desk. She flips through the pages before pointing her finger on one of them.

   "The first place winner gets the Gaymite crystal! I guess the gods are really on our side this year!" Kayla screeches.

   As soon as she said that, we all gasp at the same time. I feel a push on my shoulder. I look behind me to see Jesse pushing everyone towards the front desk.

   "We're all signing up." Jesse demands. I hear a groan from Ivor before looking over at him.

   "Oh, grow up." I say to Ivor before walking up to the front desk. I sign everyone up before heading back outside of the building.

   After leaving the arena, Leo splits off from the group.

   "I'm going back to my place, I'll meet you guys at the arena tomorrow to train." Leo explains. I nod at him before patting his shoulder.

"Goodnight Leo." I smile at him. Leo waves at us before walking off into the opposite direction. I turn around to look at everyone. We all stare at each other before I break the silence.

"We have to sabotage the tournament." I blurt. Everyone furrows their eyebrows in confusion at my suggestion.

"Why on earth would we do that?" Jesse asks me. I look at him before giving an explanation.

"Because, I've never won the stupid thing before. And this year, I can feel it. I will win this one, by making sure Leo doesn't get in my way." I say and close my eyes. I hear Ivor scoff.

"You moron, it doesn't matter who wins. We just have to make sure to get the crystal!" Ivor yells at me. My smile quickly drops.

"Yeah, I'll win AND get the crystal." I cross my arms. Jesse walks up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"(Y/N), cheating isn't gonna make you feel better about winning. It feels way better when you do it by yourself. Plus, we could all get hurt." Jesse smiles at me. I look at him in disgust.