Chapter 5

In the mind of the General there was a full battle taking place. Grievous was fighting with all his life force Darth Vectivus. The Sith ghost was not as great now, but his mastery of the dark side made him the winner. The Kaleesh was not going to give up though. He was going to kick that wretch out of his head. Grievous stopped the struggle and looked through his real reptilian eyes. His body was in a dark room. He observed that the power was consuming him, leaving his limbs with purple scars that pulsated with dark matter. The room was filled with green torches at an equall distance. The centre of the room was covered in glowing circles. Grievous heard some light steps approaching. He would have turned to see the source, but his body was continuing to arrange the ritual's necessary elements to work. A sudden gasp startled Grievous. At last, the cyborg turned around and saw the young padawan. Behind her were zombie clones slowly walking. She was trapped there. His voice resonated in his mind.

'Welcome, child!

'What are you doing?

'I'm helping myself, don't you see?

'But the possesed clones are going to kill us.

'Not quite.

Then he pointed his scarred hand at her.

'Seize her!

The padawan defended herself and sliced her two captors with the lightsaber.

'I'm not going to surrender!

Grievous was desperate to  regain control. He concentrated and hit Vectivus in the mental state very hard.

The cyborg was shaken, but it regained it's sinister posure. He ignited his lightsaber, however, the blue light was quickly replaced by a purple and black mix color.

'Well then...

The Sith attacked the girl, with fast slashes and a good precision. His swift moves were overwhelming the opponent. But then Grievous tried again and broke the shackle of his mind. The body stopped it's unrelenting attack and fall down to it's knees. The padawan used the confusion to Force Push the General into a wall. She observed the difficulty of the General's movements. He was struggling even to walk straight. Ashyla charged at Grievous and with a clean move, she sliced his hand off. The glowing cracks of the limb faded, leaving it almost ready to collapse into dust. Grievous kicked Vectivus in the stomach in his consciuness, the Sith falling down and losing the control. Grievous screamed through his real body, scaring the padawan away.

'GRIEVOUS IS COMMANDED BY NO ONE!

He then shouted in rage and pain as his systems shut down. The purple smoke surrounding him dissipated, fleeing to the centre of the room. Ashyla ran to the cyborg. He was still alive, barely.

From the circles a shadowy figure formed and shouted in anger and frustration.

'How dares that scum defeat me! How dares he to silence my will!

The Sith ignited a shady lightsaber formed from the Force and charged at Grievous. Before he could deliver the deathblow, Ashyla parried and Force Pushed the ghost away.

'Little girl... why do you protect him?

He giggled amused.

'Don't you see? He only wants to kill you!

'Not in this moment!

'Haha, he's only following orders. He doesn't care about your existence.

'He cares enough to help me escape.

'You won't escape... You.Will.Die.

The monotone voice of the shadow creeped the girl out.

She recited the Jedi Code and to her surprise, she collapsed the ceiling. She carried the metal body of the General in the corridor, escaping the wraith. The silence returned coldly. She looked at the chest of Grievous, the real one, that revealed his last organs. They were still pumping life, still healthy. Then the reptilian eyes of the cyborg opened.  He looked calmly around and saw that the Jedi was looking at his insides. He picked pushed the girl away with his remaining hand. She remained silent but her face showed a little happiness.

'What happened?

'The ghost left your body... and then it materialized in the air. I collapsed the room and fled.

'Carrying me?

'Yes, well... at least trying to. You're not that light you know? I had to use the Force to push you.

'What do you expect from duranium. I weight 2 tons at least.

He stood up with a little difficulty.

'I must contact my master immidiately. We must leave this place.

'Agreed.

The holocom was fortunately still working. He contacted the fleet.

'Captain!

'Yes sir!

'Locate me and send a full batallion to rescue me.

'Roger roger.

Above orbit, the invasion force started to leave the starships. Vjun's sky was filled with droid dropships and starfighters.

'Now, we must go up.

'How?

Grievous was ready to show Ashyla his magnetic cable when... he found out he was gone.

'You cut my hand! The one with my magnetic cable!

'Sorry, I should have left you kill me.

He growled frustrated. The padawan took  a step back.

'Well then... we will remain here. My droid army will find us and even bombard the castle to reach us, should we be in the depths of the building.

'I don't like the idea...

'We have no choice. The signal here works.

The padawan sat down and didn't say anything. She was unsure of her future. What will happen when they will be rescued?