Chapter 6

After Sidious read the report from Grievous, he remained in deep thought. Darth Vectivus... he knew that name. He was a recent Sith, one that followed the Rule of Two. He died 500 years ago, but it seems that his ability to become ethereal saved his soul. Until now. He was going to deal with that. That's why he was now in his shuttle landing in the Bast Castle. Exiting the ship, he looked at the building. It crawled with darkside energy. A droid asked:

'Sir, what should we do?

Sidious observed the entrance made by Grievous.

'Deploy 2 detachements and send them in through that entrance. Find the General and the padawan and get them back to the Invisible Hand.

'Yes, sir!

'Until then... I have something to do...

The Dark Lord walked slowly into the Castle. Entering alone the darkness of the corridor, he heard whispers

'Who... are you? Intruder!

From the walls of stone formed golems with purple glowy eyes. Sidious watched them amused as they charged at him. He rised his hand and released a powerfull Force Lighthing. The attackers transformed into dust in a few moments.

'You, you are Sith!

'Indeed, Vectivus.

'How do you know my name?

'I am one of your succesors. I represent the present Master of the Rule of Two.

'You? Hahaha... Well then, I hope you can defeat my new body.

'What?

'You probably know of the droid and padawan. They may have silenced me but ultimately, I have captured them.

Sidious remained silent.

'Now I can be reborn! And more powerfull than ever!

'Fool... your time has passed.

'Let me show the way to your doom, puny human!

The corridor behind him cracked, collapsing and blocking the exit. In the face of the Dark Lord, the floor broke and revealed a pathway to the depths of the Bast Castle. The cloaked figure walked the stairsteps with no fear. He was the master here, not that ghost.

The droids outside were surprised when they saw that the entrance was blocked. The magnaguards leading the B1 army decided to wait for their masters.

In a huge room, Grievous was badly-wounded. The Sith forced them to run here, destroying the place where they were waiting. And to make matters worse, the padawan was hit in the head by a rock. He carried her through the smoke and dust until he fell down. His systems were at 10% capacity. To his horror , the ghost appeared again. The cyborg jumped, igniting his lightsaber and forced himself to charge. The Sith laughed and sent an electricity wave that made him fly back into the wall. He watched helplessly as the ghost approached the girl and whispered some ancient words. His purple figure appeared like a wind and entered the body of Ashyla. Grievous was furious. He failed! And now the Sith was reborn. The girl stood up, with a dark aura surrounding her. Her eyes resembled the General's back when he was corrupted. And her face was filled with purple scars. With a dark voice, she spoke:

'At last! I am alive once again!

Vectivus looked at Grievous.

'Useless wretch. You couldn't save her... a pity I have to kill you. You would have been a great servant... but now you are just a broken tool.

Before he could destroy him, a sinister laugh was heard over the room. The black figure of Sidious entered the hall. His hooded head was revealing a smirk. He stopped in the front of Ashyla. Looking a bit dissaproving at Grievous, he said:

'I see you have defeated my ally.

'Indeed, and now I can kill him... and you.

'Hahaha...Sidious chuckled. You fool...

Sidious sent out a Force Lighting that was barely blocked by Vectivus. The girl ignited her lightsaber and charged at the Dark Lord. Palpatine parried her attack with his red lightsaber. His golden hilt was shining in the light of purple and blood red clashing. However, from the battle, Grievous observed that Sidious was the master. He was slashing and swinging with little effort, while Ashyla was barely keeping her offensive. Then Sidious blocked an attack and kicked her in the stomach. She stopped and the Dark Lord Force-pushed her in the wall. Then he began to toy with her, throwing her in the ceiling then in the floor, then again in the wall. He let her fall down, chuckling. Grievous was impressed. The master of Count Dooku was a very powerfull being. He could have killed everyone the cyborg thought of.

Vectivus stood up shaken. He released a dark scream and said angry:

'Your powers are useless! You can't kill me!

Sidious looked at Grievous with a subliminal look.

'I don't plan to!

The General understood.

'At last you see you will fail!

Vectivus released a torrent of lighting. Sidious did the same and the room was suddebly strong-lighted.

The purple lighting against the blue one of the Sidious were clashing with huge force. While both were distracted, Grievous stood up with difficulty and picked his lightsaber. Walking very slow, he reached Ashyla. Igniting his lightsaber, he stabbed her in the her back.

Vectivus was surprised when he saw the General up, but he didn't believed Grievous will impale him. He felt the touch of death in that moment. Sidious used the moment to push his lighting , electrocuting the body of Vectivus with such raw power that the padawan's flesh and bones were burning and slowly dissapearing. The pshysical matter of the girl was destroyed by the intensity of the attack. In a few moments, from the screams of agony , Vectivus soul appeared. The dark side of the Force took the side of Sidious and entered the lighting, killing the spirit of the old Sith. A paralyzing shout threw Grievous and Sidious in the walls of the room. From Darth Vectivus and the padawan, not even the ashes remained. They have been both erased from the Force forever.