11) Stay...Stay With Me

Alameda State Hospital
(Three Weeks Later)

3rd Person P.O.V- It's been three weeks since the catastrophic incident that caused monumental damage to the GA Crew, all of them hospitalized with major bodily injuries and one left in the ICU. Aaron Goodwin walked away with major bruising, minor scrapes and a deep gash across the right side of his face. Billy Tolley walked away with minor bruising, a couple superficial gashes, a broken left arm and a concussion. Jay Wasley was very lucky for falling down multiples flights of stairs; he is walking away with major bruising, a few superficial gashes, four broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, a couple pulled muscles and a broken right ankle. Zachary Bagans wasn't as lucky as he's in the ICU until further notice; major bruising, twenty-four broken ribs and a completely fractured collar bone, two broken ankles, torn muscles and ripped organs from the mechanical tools, plus a partially crushed trachea.

Nancy- Sitting in a chair across the hall from the room where my son lays hooked up to wires and tubes that keep him alive. (Hums Softly) I hold the darling girl, wiping away the crimson tears she cries. "It's gonna be okay, your father is a fighter." One of the boys sits on the other side of me and lays against my free shoulder. (Smiles Fondly) Wrapping my arms around the two whom have practically glued themselves to me. "He's gonna make it through this." I'm not one to sugarcoat anything, but it would do us all some good, to cling unto some shred of hope.

Dakota- Standing at the glass as I stare in at my father. (Snarls) "We should have been there." Slamming my fist against the glass, it fractures just like my heart.

Nick- Zaks mom called me and after wrapping up filming at my most recent location, I got on the earliest flight possible. "It was best you weren't there." From what I was told the Investigation went to literal Hell and it nearly cost the GA their lives. "You father would be devastated if anything happened to you." I walk up beside the young boy and am instantly graced by blazing crimson. (Sighs Heavily and Mutters) "Oh, Zachary...what have you done."

Dakota- I wanted to take my anger out on the older male, but I just couldn't, his scent was not only familiar but very calming. (Cries) "Why him?" Stepping forward, I shove my face into his chest as I wrap my arms around his waist. (Breaths Deeply)

Nick- Instinctively wrapping my arms around the boy as I nuzzle into his disheveled hair. "I don't know, but I do know that everything is going to be okay." Pulling out of his grasp as I rest my hands at his upper arms, giving a gentle squeeze. "I promise, I'm here now, it's all gonna be okay." Reaching up as I brush my fingers against his jaw in a comforting manner, I turn and walk into the room with Zak.

Dakota- The door slides shut behind the petite, older male enclosing both of them in their own private world. (Hums Softly) I once more lean against the glass and watch.

Nick- I knew there was eyes on me, the kids were legitimately scared out of their minds. (Smiles Sadly) Sitting in the chair beside the bed, I grasp ahold of the all too familiar fingers in mine as I bring them to my lips. "I'm here baby, please stay with me. We have five beautiful children that need you, I need you. Stay with me."

Four Days Later

3rd Person P.O.V- Aaron, Billy and Jay have long since been discharged though chose to stay with their brother not leaving until he was discharged as well. Nancy got closer to all her grandkids, said grandkids all got acquainted and their bond as siblings grew stronger. Nick came back home and got reacquainted with his family, staying by his kids and husbands side. The days slowly drag by as tubes and wires are removed and the doctors woke Zak.

Zak- Slowly blinking my eyes against the harsh light as I reach up and rub away the heaviness. (Yawns Tiredly)

Nick- (Chuckles Lightly) "Hey, sleeping beauty."

Zak- Hearing the all too familiar voice not only startled me, but sent a rush of fire through my veins. "Nick?" I was even more startled when I knew my mouth was moving but nothing was coming out, turning to gaze over in the voices direction as I see my mate sitting there. (Frowns Deeply)

Nick- (Frowns) He looked confused and distraught. Getting up from where I'm perched as I sit down beside him. "Your trachea was partially crushed, the doctors weren't sure how extensive the damage was or if it's permanent. They want to send you to speech therapy." He looked a bit pissed of by that. "Sorry baby." His expression lightened as he turned from glaring at the blanket to regarding me rather softly. (Smiles) "I'm not going anywhere, Darling. I'm home." Taking his hand in mine, I bring it up to my lips as I press a kiss to the knuckles. "Would you like to see the kids? They've been impatiently waiting to see you."

Zak- (Smiles and Nods) Hearing the door open; I gaze around Nick to see Dakota walk in with Annabelle in his arms, followed by Chelsea with Chloe in hers and Tanner lastly.

Chelsea- Both Dakota and I walk over placing both Anna and Chloe into our dads lap. (Smiles Brightly)

Dakota- "So glad you are okay."

Tanner- I walk over and sit beside our mom. (Smiles Happily)

Zak- Holding the two young girls, who immediately made themselves comfortable in my lap.

Nick- Zak's questioning look didn't go unnoticed. "We'll talk about it at home later."

Zak- (Nods) I got the one thing I always wanted, but at what price? I made a deal with the Devil, I sold my soul...will I lose all this?

3rd Person P.O.V- Countless questions plagued Zak, practically torturing him and if there is one thing he vowed to do, it was to protect his family and the life he created. It was his and no-one was going to take it from him.