Underage Magic

August 24, 1985.

"Ariella, Ariella come out love, you won," Remus shouts walking through the upstairs hallway.

Harry come barrelling up the stairs with an annoyed look on his face, "Is she up here Daddy?"

"No I don't think so," Remus shakes his head. "Come on, let's see anyone else has found her."

Remus and Harry walk down the stairs to be greeted by a frantic Sirius. "Remus she's not down here. Do you think she's still hiding from us on purpose?"

"Maybe, let's go look in the backyard, she may have went outside?" Sirius sighs exasperated but nods for everyone to follow him outside.

"Ariella Grace if you're out here you better come out now or you'll be in big trouble." Sirius yells.

"I'm up here," Ariella yells. Everyone collectively looks up to see Ariella sitting on a branch atop a very tall tree.

"How did you get up there?" Remus yells in question before shaking his head, "Never mind, I'm coming to get you down."

Remus looks over to Sirius in question, "Will you lift me up there to get her?"

Sirius sighs heavily before nodding. He pulls out his wand and waves it at Remus who is suddenly lifted up into the air. Sirius guides Remus up to Ariella so she can easily grab hold of him and Sirius can bring them both down.

As soon as she touches the ground Sirius swoops her up into a bone crushing hug. "Ariella you scared us all half to death, you can't do that love. How'd you even get up there."

Ariella starts crying, "Don't be mad at me Papa. I was just looking for a good place to hide. I didn't think anyone would find me there. I just thought about it and then I was there."

Sirius wipes away her tears, "Aw don't cry, we're not mad at you. You just can't do anything like that again, okay?"

"I promise I won't."

Sirius nods, "Okay we'll talk more about it later, just go inside right now, I gotta talk to your dad."

Sirius looks at Remus with a shocked look on his face as Ariella runs inside. "I've never seen a kid with that much control over their magic."

Remus is just as shocked, "Yeah me neither, I certainly never did anything like that, neither have the kids, I mean they've all do some accidental magic here and there, even Harry. But she sounded like she did it on purpose."

Sirius shakes his head, "One thing's for sure, she's gonna be a very powerful witch."