Wolfsbane

October 9, 1984
"Remus you'll never believe what I heard at work today," Sirius says flopping down onto the couch next to Remus after having dropped the kids at Andromeda's.

"What'd you hear love?" Remus asks yawning.

"A potion, there's a potion meant to relieve the effects of your furry little problem. You'll be able to keep your mind during the transformation."

Remus' face drains of color, "Are you sure?"

Sirius nods happily, "Now in order for it to work you have to drink the potion for a week leading up to the full moon, so since the full moon is tomorrow, we'll have to give it a try next month. I had intended to buy the ingredients and brew it myself, I was never too bad at potions, but I suppose I'll have someone else brew it, I don't want to take any chances on this not working."

"How much is that going to cost?" Remus asks narrowing his eyes.

Sirius shakes his head, "It does not matter, you are worth every single sickle I have."

Remus groans, "It's expensive isn't it?"

Sirius takes his hand, "Moony, we have been married for over two years, dating for eight, and best friends for thirteen years. There isn't anything in this world that I wouldn't do for you. We're plenty well off enough to afford a potion, I didn't even bat an eye at the cost. It means nothing against your happiness."

Remus smiles, shaking his head, "You've always been quite the charmer."

Sirius gives him a peck on the lips and a smug smile grows on his face, "Yeah, I know."

Remus rolls his eyes, "Just promise me if the potion ever becomes a burden, you'll tell me."

"Promise," Sirius  says nuzzling into Remus' side.