1. The Discovery of Devastation

In the early morning at 7:30AM... An Afro Latina woman with blue eyes named Ayla Willis-Dean wakes up from the nightmare, she grabs a cup of water to drink. She wiped the sweat off her forehead. Her cellphone rings, she picks it up and answers the phone.

"Hello?" said Ayla, on a cellphone. "Hey, Ayla. This is your auntie, watch the news." said Raven, who is Ayla's paternal aunt, on a phone. "OK." said Ayla.

They both end calls, Ayla turns on the TV to watch the news.

"This is CNN News, there has been an incident when a woman named Esperanza Willis committed suicide in her own home after her daughter was kidnapped and murdered and the police officer Eddie has been killed by Esperanza before her own death. It appears that Steven told that Eddie said to her that Mika was kidnapped and killed by Larry and his henchmen, but all we know is that Larry Connlee has been suffocated to death and his wife has been knocked out and got arrested for murdering her own husband. It is unknown who kidnapped the daughter before Randal was murdered that night, the police said that the case will not be closed. They found the daughter named Mika, but she was found dead in the dumpster." said the news reporter on TV.

"Oh my god." said Ayla.

At Esperanza's home... Ayla has arrived there, she figures out to see Esperanza. "Ma'am, you can't go in." said one of the cops. "I'm Esperanza's half sister, Ayla. What happened in there?" said Ayla. "Your half sister shot herself after she killed Eddie in the midnight." said one of the cops. "I need to see herself." said Ayla. "Ma'am, you can't go in." said the cop. 

Ayla sees paramedics covering Esperanza's body outside of the home, she is dismayed to see Esperanza's dead body. "Miss, are you OK? You can't go in there, are you the friend of Esperanza?" Said Lushion as he and Natalie comes by. "I'm Esperanza's half sister, Ayla." said Ayla. "You're her half sister?" asked Natalie. "Yes, I haven't seen her for a long time after we met in younger years." said Ayla. "I'm Lushion, this is my fiancée Natalie." said Lushion. "Hello." said Natalie. "Hi." Said Ayla. "Esperanza didn't tell us you're her half sister, you seemed African-American with blue eyes." said Natalie. "Actually, I'm Afro-Latina. What happened to her?" said Ayla.

"Well, Eddie told us about Mika's death that was caused by Larry. And then she shot him 5 times, 1 minute before shooting herself, because Mika was her only kid in her life." Said Lushion "Oh my god. Her daughter was my half niece." said Ayla. "She was your half niece?" said Natalie. "Yes, I haven't seen her either." said Ayla, crying.

Natalie and Lushion comfort Ayla.

4 days later, Ayla went to the candlelight vigil at the late Esperanza's home. The neighbors placed flowers and candles on the porch, with the portraits of Esperanza and her daughter standing on the porch. 

Ayla holds the white roses in her hands, she places them on the porch. She looks at the house, knowing that it is now emptied. Ayla squats down to cry, she placed the letter to Esperanza on the porch. Steven walks next to Ayla while grieving.

"Are you OK, miss?" said Steven, in a grieving tone. "Yeah... Who are you?" said Ayla. "I'm Steven, Esperanza's widowed boyfriend. What's your name?" said Steven. "I'm Ayla, her younger half sister." said Ayla. "Her half sister? You look so African and you got pretty blue eyes." said Steven, confused. "My father has two different eye colors: brown and blue and he's African-American, her mother is a fully Latina." said Ayla.

Ayla shows the picture of her newborn self, Esperanza in a young age and their parents (her mother is Esperanza's mother), which surprises Steven. "Oh my god, she didn't tell me you're her half sister." said Steven. "I know, we haven't seen each other for a long time and I haven't seen my half niece Mika either." said Ayla.