Clothing Store Madness

"This is so stupid."

Somehow, the universe just loved to screw Y/N over. If it wasn't for his magical diagnosis, then he would've believed himself to be cursed.

"Don't be such a baby." Hermione cooed as she flashed him a smile, through the mirror that she was currently looking at.

In her hands, was a light blue velvet dress. Cut low beneath the thighs, flashily and vibrant. Something too overly desiring to reveal in public but definitely no stranger to the household, or the bedroom for that matter.

Y/N folded his arms over as he looked around the pricey London store. Anywhere but the cheeky gaze of Hermione Granger. The place was more fitted for woman, he was practically the only guy in there.

Which he had no problem with.

What he did have a problem with, was the idea of his girlfriend buying lingerie while she was pregnant.

Now, what possessed her to go through this agonising (for Y/N) endeavour?

Well, it was his own fault.

"You're the one who said I was fat." As if reading his mind, Hermione turned around and faced her boyfriend with an eyebrow raised, a mock cry of glare in her eyes that honestly frightened him to this day. "You're getting what you bloody well deserve."

"I never said you were fat." Y/N responded in a far than higher tone of voice as he covered his face with his hands, causing a few heads to turn their way and look away in either disgust or embarrassment. "I said you're clothes weren't fitting all that well." He sighed, his tone turned quieter, and his leg bounced unconsciously as he sat a good couple of meters from her.

Hermione snorted, more out of necessity than want, as she required to do over the years.

"Yes, you did." She agreed, turning back to her mirror with a scoff. "Yet the fact remains, that you implied that I was fat."

"There's nothing wrong with being fat." Y/N rolled his eyes. "My grandad was fat and he was as fit as a horse."

"So you are calling me fat! Am I not desirable to you?"

"I never said- Look!" Y/N rubbed his eyes as he felt the frustration take him over at her emotional feeling. "I know appearances are important, especially to you—"

"They are!"

"—And I get that." He brought his hands up in a surrender. "But every pregnant woman goes through this. You don't need extra clothes, or something more... I don't know, flashy to make yourself feel good." He paused as he looked up at her to find her staring back intently, the dress in her hands forgotten. "You're beautiful, like you always are. Always have been. And no extra weight is going to change that..."

It seemed like the right thing to say, especially now, considering he had to hear about it on every occasion about her clothes not fitting and how she felt her looks were soiling away with every passing month.

But as her eyes began to water and her wide pregnancy hormones took over, Y/N L/N began to question every decision he had ever made, much like his previous close encounters with her phase.

"I'm so sorry!"

Hermione spluttered as her lips trembled and her eyes watered with more tears, the kindest of his words striking her more than they should've.

Of course she was being silly about it but she couldn't help it. She always marvelled herself at being presentable, more so even now. But her pregnancy provided it's complications at times, yet also it's joys.