Prologue

The way I depict witches in this fanfic are FICTIONAL and NOT meant to be taken seriously. Do NOT partake in anything unless you have a trustworthy source. Anything done outside of this fanfic is out of my hands.

This will take place after the Final Selection :)

Warning: Cussing, blood, mentioning of assaulting and then actual violence

-=-=-=-

In this society, no one cares about your problems unless you offer them something for help. Heh, even then, they won't make an effort for your cause. It wouldn't make a difference in their lives if you just dropped dead on the street. Hell, they might even pick the pockets of your corpse for anything of value before kicking the remains into the sewers.

You had grown up painfully aware of how sick this place was. There were many one could befriend, but no one to trust. This little part of the world was kept unknown to the rest of the globe for good reason.

Your little town, like any other city, was built off of sex, drugs and lies, and every day was a fight for survival. Most cities and towns stop there, but your little town went all out when it came to being the worst of the worst. One would be better off dead than fighting for their life in their own home every day and night for the rest of their days. Still, the only reason you never stopped fighting was because of your father's final words before he walked out of your life for good.

"Here's a writing prompt for that little brain of yours: You finally grow the fuck up."

When it came to emotional support, he was a bag of horse crap your entire life. He barely obtained your respect, and it all dissipated with those words.

"Eat shit, you turd. All you ever knew was to run away when things got tough." You sneered at the memory, bringing your (Favorite drink) to your lips. "Who grew the fuck up, again?"

...

You were talking to no one again...

You really needed to go out a little more.

Almost on cue, the rays of sunlight intruding your room brightened, as if Apollo himself was telling you to go outside and enjoy the day. Your stomach dropped, it was a Saturday.

Daytime murders are more frequent on Saturdays.

But who were you to deny Apollo?

You knew better than to defy an offer from a deity.

Besides, it was just a quick walk, and you knew a few self-defense moves. You've been playing this game ever since you were 6, and it was an understatement to say that you had tamed yourself a bit over the years.

You had already brushed your teeth, so you headed towards your room (well, it was your dad's before he left, but it was the biggest room so we all knew you'd take it after purifying it) to find something to wear.

After a few minutes, you walked out of the room with a (F/c) crop top and baggy black sweatpants. It was kind of an unspoken policy for defenseless folk to wear really baggy clothes, since most of the nasty men in the area were almost always high and wouldn't be able to tell what sex you were from afar.