25| Night

Chapter 25: Night (Clara's POV)

"Oh, hey," I smiled at Wyatt while entering the room. 

"Hey," he nodded. "I'm just here to... check on my best friend," he said through gritted teeth, glaring at Callum. 

What the hell happened there? 

"Yeah, I think you've checked enough. Goodnight," Callum cleared his throat, glancing at me. 

"Bye," Wyatt sighed and then stood up, waving at me on his way out. 

I frowned in confusion while walking over to Callum. "Everything okay?" I asked. 

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's fine," he nodded. 

☆*・゚✫ ✫*・゚☆ ✫*・゚☆ ✫*・゚☆

I was lying there in the dark on my side of the bed, trying not to make a noise. I was even trying to breathe softly. I've been doing this for at least ten minutes while fisting and then opening my hands. I don't even want to move, just in case I wake him up. 

I was forming my hand into a fist when his hand fell into mine. I froze, my fingers tightly clutching his. I let go, quickly pulling my hand back and turning to look at him. His back was facing me so I don't know if he's awake or still sleeping. 

He started laughing as he turned around to face me. "What if wrong with you?" he asked. 

"Thank god!" I sighed in relief. "I thought you were sleeping, I didn't want to move because I thought it would wake you up." 

"I haven't gone to sleep yet," he replied. 

"You could have told me that," I mumbled, dragging my hands down my face. "Are you sleepy?" 

"Not really," he shook his head. "I take it you're not either." 

"Nope. Is there something we can do? It's Saturday tomorrow anyway. No class," I shrugged. 

"We can go—" 

"No, no, no. You're meant to be resting. Is there anything we can do in your room?" I interrupted him. 

He fell into thought. "Not really." 

"You don't have any board games and stuff?" 

"No," he answered, groaning as he sniffled and then reaching for a tissue. "Isn't it a bad idea for you to share a bed with me when I'm sick?" he asked, sneezing into the tissue. 

"I thought so too. But if the nurse asked me to stay, I guess it's not." 

He chuckled, "You can't get sick from me. I'm not sick in the way that you would be. I mean I am but... it's just different." 

"What's different? You have a fever, cold, and bad throat like any normal human would," I frowned in confusion. 

"Not really," he mumbled. "Anyway, we can read," he suggested. 

"Sounds like the best option," I agreed. 

He turned his lamp on and then grabbed Delirium from his nightstand. 

"I gave you that. You should tell me what to read too," I said, getting off the bed and walking to his bookshelf. 

"That one." He pointed to it. "30 Days of Night." 

"The comic?" I chuckled, looking at it. I reached up for it but it was too high. "Isn't this the one where those thirty people face night continuously?" I asked, going on my toes but my fingers were only brushing the spine of the book. I couldn't reach it. "And then there's that vampire? It all happens in Alaska, Barrow. Doesn't it?" I grunted, jumping but still missing it.