Chapter 4: A Promise

(Fireys pov)
I finally figured out my way back to the city, as I was walking out of the forest and looking back at it multiple times. I didn't realized I still had a smile in my face as I walked passed the town. Everyone just stared weirdly, I heated up even more, and became more brighter. It was as if I had eaten coal and my flames had gotten more higher. I make it to the apartment and open the door, only to have my expression change from joy to concern. As I see gelatin with a box and coiny with a broom, and seeing smoke coming from the kitchen.

We all stayed in silence, continuing to stare I started opening my mouth and tried to choose the right words to use.
"So...anyone gonna tell me what happened?" I asked.
"Gelatin burned water-" coiny started before gelatin interrupted.
"No I didn't! That was you!"
" I'm not the one that was in the kitchen making spaghetti! Besides you dont even know how to cook spaghetti!"
"I'm learning okay!"
"Did he burn the water or the noodles?" I questioned again.
"Both-"
"No I didn't!" Gelatin continued with.
They both seemed to argue about that, I just ignored  them as I smiled going to to the couch, laying down. (Lmao I forgot that I made him stay in the couch.)

(Coinys pov) (it wont even be that long i think)
"wait hold on hold on shut up for a sec" I said, looking as firey leaves. I'm not an idiot i saw him smile! He never does that. "Somethings wrong with him," I whispered.
"You mean firey-" I cover gelatins mouth as he was speaking.
"Didn't you notice the smile he had in his face? Maybe he got revenge on match or something."
"Why would he need to do that!?" Gelatin exclaimed. I just continued to say my reasons out loud.
"He might've gotten ramen again, or maybe he's just faking it? No that cant be right he's terrible at that-"
"Coiny!" I jumped. "What do you mean by all of this?" He said looking concerned.
"What I mean is, he's happy and he never is, which is weird, especially with what happened earlier today at the bakery. It just seems odd to me."
"Maybe something happened, coiny I dont think we have to worry about it. I mean, at least he's happy, he's normally mad or just emotionless. And he could've killed me if he wasn't in a good mood from what happened to the kitchen" he snickered.
"I suppose your right about that" I replied. "I'm just gonna go to bed, its getting late, we can clean the kitchen tomorrow, erm, I can clean the kitchen tomorrow" I said, I know he has work tomorrow.
"Sounds good to me!" He said, dropping the box,if your wondering, the box has all the noodles from the spaghetti. It isn't much of a mess but there is a lot of tomato sauce spilled all over and some noodles on the floor. I walk back to my room and go onto my bed, closing my eyes and getting rest.

(Fireys pov)
I remember falling asleep in the couch as I went there. Next thing I know is I hear gelatin yelling that he's late again. My eyes widened as I sit up from the couch. I felt so tired and everything. My body felt so weak, but I dont even know why.
"I'm shocked, you wake up earlier than both of us and you woke up late" I heard coiny say. How long was he even there!
"What time is it," I mumbled, still very tired.
"It's 10am-"
"CRAP" I say jumping out of the couch. Coiny jumped, he just looked terrified but I just ran around looking for a notebook or something to write on.
"Hey listen you've been acting really weird since yesterday. Does this have to do with what match told you?" He asked.
"Uh huh yea sure- wait- i mean- no it has nothing to do with what she said!" I guess I'm still not wide awake to focus. "Listen I'm gonna go somewhere-"
"Wait wha- firey wait!-" he said as I walk out of the apartment and I was on my way to the forest. Carrying my notebook on me to write down where I had to go to meet up with leafy. I dont really remember where I had to go in order to do so. But I'm gonna find out! I felt my smile go wide, excited to see her again. And to hear her cheerful voice, get to know her better. I wrote down where I was going on my notebook to see if I could write the directions. I stop and hide the moment I notice a...surveillance camera!? I didn't even notice that yesterday! Why would there need to be a camera here anyways? It's odd especially since this is a forest. I write on my notebook

"watch out for surveillance camera."

There! Just to make sure when I come back. I try going past the camera to not get caught. And I move as fast as i can still keeping track of my notebook. I finally made it to where the barrier was, nervously walking closer to it.
"U-Uh leafy? A-Are you there?" I asked, anxious. What if she's not there? It's probably too early to be here anyways i should-
"Firey! Oh my I thought it would be too early for you to be here! I thought I would need to wait a bit, but you're here!" She said, in her joyful voice. I smiled even more, feeling my face heat up. I sat down and we stared talking a bit about...apples? Her way of having a conversation is strange. But I didn't mind, I just tried to hold in my laughter as she was talking. "I mean, sweet apples are good, but not sour apples! Yuck! They taste so...sour!" I couldn't help but burst into laughter, I didn't realize it until she joined in. Her laugh was so cute I-
I start to relax from laughing so much "sorry I didn't-"
"No no its fine!" She said, "i dont normally talk to people so I talk about a lot of Random- oh a butterfly!" Yeah I can definitely tell that she changes from topic to another. I snickered a little.

(Leafys pov (oh my god finally))
I stare at the butterfly for a little bit, but then I get distracted again "oooo a sunflower!" I said. I could hear firey giggle from the other side, I smile and giggle a little as well.
"Geez....how do you stay so happy?" He asked.
"Actually I'm not always like this! I know at least not around anyone" I covered my mouth. "Oh gosh! I dont mean to say this I'm sorry i-"
'No no its fine really!" Firey responded, i just look at the barrier, as if I was looking at him. "It's okay not to be in a joyful mood you know. But you should tell someone whats bothering you, which, you could tell me!" He said. I felt reassured that I could tell him all of this. Although, I dont really like talking about it.
"Maybe another time! I'm not in the mood to talk about it!" I said a little anxious.
"Oh, alright then" he said. We continued to talk, I switched from one topic to another, but he seemed to enjoy the conversations. I become a bit quiet while looking at the barrier, wondering if there could be a way for firey to come to this side. "Uhhh, leafy? Is everything alright over ther-"
"Do you think you could jump high enough to make it to this side of the barrier?" I replied.
"I-I think that's impossible in my opinion" he said. Darn. "Do you want me to come to that side, because if so It might be a little hard to get over there-"
"Maybe if you climbed something high or just tried climbing the barrier-" I said before getting cut off.
"No no no no I am terrified of heights," he replied. Dangit, I was really hoping to see him, but I won't make him do something he doesn't want to do.
"Maybe someday we can see each other!" I said, hoping that day would be soon.
"Haha yeah! That would be awesome" he replied back. We spent the rest of the day talking about each other to get to know each other. I was more curious and curious about firey, he seems to have a good-ish life. He mentioned something about seeing a "surveillance camera?" On the way here, I'm not sure what that is and he seemed to mention all these other things that I wasn't sure what it was. I kept asking him about these things.
"No way, you don't know what a phone is? Or a camera? Or any of that" he questioned.
"Nope, I guess I don't have any of that ha! I-I'm not sure if that's a good thing" I asked, I could hear him laughing and laughing, I joined him.
"Maybe I'll tell you what that is later on" he said "it seems to be getting late again."
"Aww man" I whined, he just snickered.
"I'll come back again I promise!" He said. I was confused, promise?
"Uhm, what's a promise?" I asked.
"Oh. You don't know what that is? Oh well uhm, okay I guess I could try to explain," firey said, he was a but quiet, I assume he's trying to figure out what to say. "Well uh, a promise is, when you tell someone that you'll do something, and it can't really be broken, like how I'm saying I promise that I'll come back tomorrow!"
"Oh, well, do you promise you'll come back? As in everyday to know that we'll stay friends?" I asked.
"Yeah! I promise I'll come everyday!" I smiled, feeling reassured that we would stay friends. "Well, I'll talk to you tomorrow leafy! Bye!" He said.
"Bye firey!" I said smiling, I could feel my face heat up but I didn't question it since I wasn't sure what was happening. I was just so happy that, I finally get to have a friend with me, even if I can't really see him. I can't wait to get to know more about him! And I can't wait to become really good friends!
.
.
.
//authors note: this took me...SO LONG WOT 😭
It took me so long to write this chapter I'm so sorry-
But I finally got it done! Don't worry about that surveillance camera part yet, I haven't really thought of anything for that yet oofie, anyways this chapter is terrible just like my other ones but I hope you guys enjoy it, and I'll try not to take forever on the next chapter