𝐈𝐈. 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐄

"dude, are you ready for school or not?" violet questions, barging into her best friend's room. it's a bright and sunny day in los angeles, california for the two young girls. nothing could ruin the day, right? "does it look like I'm ready violet?" julie retorts as she is faced laying down on her bed still under her covers.

"jules, you need to get up. you know what you have to do today." she walks over to the bummed-out girl lifting up her covers and tries to pull her friend out of bed. sadly, it doesn't work. violet then results to dragging julie out of her bed by her feet. "you are going to get out of bed now before your dad kills me."

"you didn't have to drag me you know? try sitting on me next time ok!" she laughs getting clothes out of her closet. "so are you gonna sing or not jules?"

the room goes quiet. violet stands by the window watching julie get her clothes together awaiting an answer to her question. nothing. she didn't respond back. instead, she shrugs her shoulders as she bent down to tie her shoes. "julie? whatever you decide to do, I'm right behind you." she says giving her friend a comforting smile, reassuring her that she's by her side.

for the past year, julie hasn't sung a single note. not one. as for violet, she hasn't sung for real since she was ten. both of the girls still grieving from the loss of julie's mother, violet still grieving over her parents' death, have been going through a rough patch in their young high school lives.

"thank you v, it means a lot," she responds, a small smile appearing on her face.

"now can we head to school? i really want to start the school day by giving carrie dirty looks per usual." she laughs tightening the grip of her navy blue backpack in her left hand. this caused julie to laugh too as both of the girls weren't on great terms with the wannabe popstar. julie linked her arm with violet and headed towards loz feliz high school, ready to get the whole day over with.

kids are scrambled in the hallway as they run off to their class and grab things out of their lockers. carrie wilson is passing out flyers for some stupid performance they are doing. "hey underachiever."

"hey disappointment." julie responds as fylnn walks over to her and violet. "hey trainwreck."

"hey flynnstone," violet laughs, not knowing she would be getting called by her nickname this morning. "ok, i know you don't want me to ask, but have you figured out what you're gonna do today?" she asks the curly-haired girl, a concerned look growing on her face.

"i'll know in the moment," julie states.

"really jules? that's all you're giving me?" all julie could do was shrug her shoulders as she leans against her locker staring at her friend. "did you not even try talking to her violet?"

"i told her that i would support whatever decision she makes." violet raises her hands in defense.

"jules, mrs. garrison said this is your last chance!" flynn exclaims, trying to grab her best friend's attention. the truth is, julie wanted to sing. of course she did. but everything inside of her was telling her that she couldn't. not without her mom. "i know, i was there." julie frowns, grabbing the attention of violet who knew that girl had a big decision to make.

"see you at the rally!" they hear a perky voice speak coming from behind them.

"ugh! what is she handing out?" flynn questions turning to where the voice is coming from. "desperation?"

"more like unnecessary attention," violet quips.

carrie then starts to walk over to the three girls, her boyfriend nick following behind her. "here you go. my group's performing at the spirit rally tomorrow. i'm sure you guys have nothing better to do." she provokes, handing the girls a flyer for the spirit rally. "oh my gosh, carrie. thanks!" fylnn and violet speak in unison, a hint of annoyance heard in their response.