𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏

"just tell us your name and then you can go home, ok?"

"it's violet." she sighs, giving into those hazel eyes that are staring right into her soul. her body shifts, as she could feel her guard beginning to fall down the more she looks at him. why do those eyes have to be so pretty? violet thinks to herself.

"violet?" the hazel-eyed boy questions, a look of curiosity growing on his face along with a small smile.

"that's a pretty name," reggie says quietly standing next to luke. alex follows behind him; now all three of the boys were looking at the young girl. "thank you."

she really meant it. she didn't get many compliments about her name since her mom was around. a year before she had passed, she told violet the origin of her name. violets mother was always intrigued with the color purple and the many shades the color possessed. ever since she was a little girl, the color purple made her smile and brought joy to her life.

it was the only color in the rainbow that she saw differently. differently meaning that she saw it as a symbol of creativity, mystery, magic, and royalty. something she always envisioned for her future daughter to become. creative: in the way she follows her passion and lives her life. mysterious: wanting to bring people into her life without giving too much away. magical: living her life with the best optimistic and realistic mindset. and royalty: always treating others with the utmost respect and being considerate of one's feelings.

who knew that her daughter would be able to become all of those things. a girl who wrote creative and meaningful song lyrics. someone who was able to be mysterious without even trying. although she might have closed herself off from the world, she still has the best optimistic and realistic mindset. and lastly, royal: a girl who loves and cares for her friends that she would do anything for them. she had become everything her mother wanted her to be and she would be so proud of the young woman she has become.

"for 3 guys who just became ghosts, you don't really seem all that bummed."

"we are, we're just hiding it very well." the blonde responds with a small smile. the two other boys follow suit. they are kinda cute.

"well, since you know my name now, i'm gonna head back home and pray that this is all just some weird dream." she brushes a hand through her long brown hair and turns in the direction of her house. as violet's footsteps start to recede from the studio, a hand grips her wrist to stop her in place. the touch felt warm and comforting that sent her skin aflame. she felt safe.

"luke you said she could go home after she told us her name. leave her alone ok." reggie speaks, breaking the silence that was formed.

"wait, how are you touching her?" alex questions, realizing that their friend made contact with the living brown-haired girl in front of them. now things were getting even weirder. violet turned around to make direct eye contact once again with the shaggy-haired boy who was also surprised at his actions. "sorry," he says letting go of her wrist, "force of habit."

the warmth and comfort violet felt was gone the moment luke let go of her wrist. it was as if the life was sucked right out from her body, feeling nothing but the nights' cold air against her olive-toned skin. luke felt the exact same once he let go. he could feel the cold air hit him for a split second until he felt nothing. it was a notion that both of them had noticed but went unspoken. they held eye contact for a little bit longer before alex spoke again, breaking the moment the two desperately want to keep but didn't want to admit. "how was that even possible? we're ghosts. we aren't supposed to be able to touch anything?"

"i'm not sure. maybe it was a fluke or something?" luke says, scratching the back of his neck with a shy smile on his face. something violet has observed that he does when he's nervous. the girl was also just as curious to know how he was able to make direct contact with her. they were ghosts, after all, meaning that they aren't able to touch or make contact with anything. that's what ghosts were known for.