ten.

愛 *·˚ ༘ ➳ 𝑻𝑬𝑵 ❞

愛 *·˚ ༘ ➳ 𝑻𝑬𝑵 ❞

y/n finally looked from her screen to peer at the ash blond, tilting her head to the side and he rolled his eyes, "don't give me the damn look— what the hell is this? what'd you do?"

"i- wait, what are you talking about? katsuki, what do you mean can't-"

"look at me. look into my fucking eyes." y/n frowned, but did do as told, looking into his piercing red gaze. katsuki took her chin between his fingers to make sure she couldn't see his lips, "you're pretty."

y/n stared at him before she blinked, gaze shooting to his lips, then back to his eyes in a panic. katsuki was all too familiar with that kind of panic. his stomach twisted as his thoughts were confirmed. he let go of her face, clenching his fingers instead.

"tell me what you fucking did— why can i hear things better than before and why can't you hear? what the hell? is that your real quirk?"

"katsuki, calm down, i—"

"no, im not gonna calm down until you tell me what you did. and depending on you answer, i'm gonna be even more pissed. what's your quirk? and be fucking honest."

y/n was chewing on her bottom lip, hands shaking, "it-it's transfer," she said, shifting nervously. "have you ever read the book 'the giver'? there's a movie for it, too."

"obviously." katsuki had no idea what it had to do with anything, but he'd play along. we read that in like, sixth grade."

"yeah, well... i'm kind of like the giver... for other people. i take other's pain and problems... and i give them to myself. when you got that headache a few days ago- i'm sorry. i lost control for a while when i decided to take on your pain.

"when that happens, i sometimes let go of some of the other problems i have because it's-it's really hard. it's kind of like how the giver used to give memories like war to jonas because it was so painful... i'm sorry- it must've been so awful for you and then i lied, but i-"

"are you okay?"

y/n blinked, "what?"

"what the...fuck is your problem?" katsuki seemed confused, a crease between his brows, staring at y/n. "give me my problems back. first of all, i don't need anyone 'saving' me from my issues. i can deal with them myself and i don't want anyone besides me dealing with them. that's shitty and really annoying. second- do you hate yourself or something? who even thinks of carrying the pains and problems of other people for themselves?"

"katsuki-"

"it isn't your god damn burden to bear. who the hell made you responsible for everyone else's issues, huh? people like you piss me off, you're so annoying. you have a damn savior complex, think you need to carry the weight of the fucking world on your shoulders. give me my problems back and return that headache to whoever, too. and that thing that's wrong with your voice or throat or whatever- you took that from someone, too i bet. that's actually the stupidest thing i've ever heard."

"what- no. katsuki, no." y/n actually looked angry and she huffed. "i'm not getting rid of the only thing that makes me a hero. i'm attending u.a. for the same reason as you. i want to help and save people- and this is the only way i can do it. as a hero, it's my job to take on these burdens."

"it's not your fucking job. and it's different than duties as a hero-"

"when you use your quirk- you damage your ears. that's sacrifice- you destroy apart of yourself for the sake of someone else because you're a hero and that's what heroes do- that's what i'm doing. how the hell is that any different!? that isn't fair and you're not allowed to say that to me. in fact, you're the last person who gets to say that to me."

katsuki pursed his lips, clenching his jaw. "you didn't even fucking ask." he shifted uncomfortably, shaking his head, "i didn't ask for you to save me, i didn't- i don't need you to save me."

"people like you don't know when you need to be saved and you don't ask, either." y/n crossed her arms. "your pride stems from the ridiculous fact that you think you shouldn't need saving. that it's some form of weakness, yet those rules only apply to yourself. but you do and you did need it. you were upset, and angry and frustrated at your situation. you were losing yourself with no solution and no where to turn. all i did was give you your solution."

"you're wrong-"

"i'm right." y/n's face tightened. "i know what you were feeling because i feel it myself, remember? there's so much that you probably we're even aware of yourself and it's okay that you-"

"i don't fucking want you to feel it." katsuki stood from the couch and snatched his phone, angrily taking the rest of belongings into his hold and scowling at the girl on the couch.

"i don't need to be saved. and i'm firing you as my manager until you stop bearing the burden of issues that aren't yours to bear. we're done."