eleven.

愛 *·˚ ༘ ➳ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❞

愛 *·˚ ༘ ➳ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❞

"what the fuck are you doing?"

katsuki raised a brow when y/n jumped up from where she was sliding papers under the door to his dorm, slowly facing him. she put a hand to her chest and sighed, "katsuki- what are you- i thought you went out to train with... others in class a?"

"what's that?" katsuki didn't answer or wait for a response before taking the paper from y/n's grasp and frowning as he read over the contents. "i fired you from being my manager, i don't need any of this crap."

"yes, you do. you can't fire me from being your manager, like five weeks in. realistically, you'd be under a contract," she pointed out before folding her arms smugly, "i'd deny your attempt either way, though."

he looked at her for a moment. she was wearing hearing aids, which meant she didn't plan in returning anything to him. "has it been that long?"

"more or less."

katsuki looked at the paper again then pushed past y/n, into his room. "fine. let's have a meeting. i have stupid questions to ask, anyways."

y/n frowned, quickly following, "it was way easier to convince you than i thought it'd be..."

katsuki ignored her and tossed his stuff in the corner of his room and sat on his bed, setting the papers in front of him. y/n, a little unsure, sat at his desk in silence.

katsuki didn't look at her as he began to speak, "do i still need these stupid hearing aids since you... used your quirk on me or whatever?"

y/n quickly sat up, interested in the topic, "oh- no, you should wear ear plugs when using your quirk, though. just in case- i've never taken away someone's... hearing loss if that makes sense? so i'm not sure how it completely works."

katsuki didn't react, choosing to shoot the next question, "why can you make your voice echo if it isn't actually your quirk?"

y/n tensed, "because it's someone else's. it was the first problem i took on, for my friend. at first i thought i could... steal quirks or something. but it came with... a lot. emotional pain, physical side effects... it's one of the hardest to deal with, but i don't really want to get into it."

katsuki studied her, and his hard expression dropped. eyes narrowed into... something soft it made y/n shudder. he asked, "how much pain are you in right now?"

y/n pursed her lips, forehead creasing like he'd struck a never. he was sure he did— and shook her head, "it doesn't really matter-"

"yes, it fucking does. i had that headache for less than a day and wanted to bash my head in or something. you're telling me you take that with emotional and even more physical pain? that- it's so damn irritating,"

he groaned, pressing his eyes shut and moving his position to face y/n properly, "you- the giver- the book- in the stupid book, the giver had to give some of his memories to jonas when it got too much to hold. too painful to keep it to himself."

y/n lifted an eyebrow, not sure if she like the direction this conversation was headed. "and you're reminding me of this because..."

"why the fuck do you think? you need to give some of that shit to someone else, even if it's just temporary-"

"no." y/n's answer was quick, and sounded like it was final. "i could never do that. that's horrible."

"and somehow what you're doing to yourself isn't? what'd you say some time ago- the rules only apply to you now? somehow it's your job to put yourself through this, but it's horrible and a fucking crime if anyone else ever went through it?"

"it was my choice to do this. to take on the pain of others, not anyone else's-"

"so what if it's my choice to take yours?"

"i would tell you no. i refuse to give any of it to you." y/n stood from the seat and adjusted her clothing. "i don't even know why you would... ever think i'd put you through that, katsuki. this is my quirk. my job. no one else's- not yours, okay? i've got it."

"i knew this would happen." katsuki clicked his tongue and fell back in his bed. "just know, the offer's on the table."

y/n paused at his door, shooting him a curious look and katsuki met her eyes.

"if it's too much." he said. "if you can't take it- if you need to hand it over for just five minutes to breathe. i'll bear it so you won't have to."