The Goodbyes (Chapter 2)

Kendra woke up to a bucket of water falling on top of her, jolting her awake from her sleep. The person behind the doing, chuckling and running away from her room. 

"THEODORE!!!!!"

She screamed at her brother as she ran after him, chasing him to the living room until he ran behind their mother, who stood there with both her hands on her hips and an unimpressed look on her face. 

"You" She said in her commanding voice pointing at Kendra "will go up, take a bath, get ready for the camp and come down for breakfast and you Theodore, will sit here and help your younger sister with memorizing the dragon names or will end up doing the dishes for the rest of the week, Am I clear?" Their mother asked. "Yes Mom" they replied softly and exited the living room. 

Kendra took a bath and rubbed the dirt off from yesterday's adventure, when she remembered wounding her hand . The wound had disappeared from her hand while her hand looked good as new. She guessed it was her father's medicine and continued brushing the dirt off her. Soon she stepped out of the tub and started dressing up. Her tunic and pants were waiting for her in her wardrobe. 

She slowly started untangling her hair, trying not to get angry at herself when she felt a hand helping her, she turned around to see her mother. She stood there smiling at her "My hair was even worse than this" Her mother said as they dried it. She slowly took strands of hair and braided them. 

"You look beautiful" Her mother whispered in her ear in the end and left the room back being the commanding mom she knew. 

She sat there for some time in confusion. As she reached the dining table she found her father with "The Dragons Daily" open in front of him. The Headlines on the front page read "Dragon found dead near Aeis lake, Citizens to be careful at night"  along with the picture of the dead dragon. She felt a sudden bang of nervous energy inside her; seeing something dead didn't look fun.

 By the time Theodore finished teaching Katniss, the breakfast was ready. No one talked and ate the food in silence which was unusual for the family. She was the first to complete the breakfast and she went to check on her grandma for the last time. 

Much to her surprise, her grandma was awake, sitting in the bed looking outside the window. "Grandma?" Her smiling grandmother turned towards her and motioned her to sit next to her. "It's the 1st day of Jupiter's moon, you must be very careful Kendra, danger lays just in front of you," Her grandmother said pointing at the sun and the olive trees. 

Kendra felt the nervousness inside her grow faster like fire catching the trees, along with the fear. Her grandmother slowly took a golden chain with a black stone from the bedside table and muttered something closing it with her fingers. After some time her grandma tied the chain around her neck and laid down in the bed. 

Kendra sat there for a bit longer staring at her now snoring grandma. This was the second gift she was getting from her grandma, the same black and gold colour in both of them, and that too from her grandmother who hated black. It was as if she wasn't going to come back. 

Everyone is acting weird, she told herself. 

"Kendra?" Her mother's voice called out from the front gate waiting for her to come. This just made her even sadder, she won't be able to see her family till Neptune's moon, she will be in the training camp, training to be a huntress. 

Suddenly she disliked being a huntress but she had no choice, no 13-year-olds had the choice. She went to her room took her bag, tied her shoes and went to the front lawn looking in anger, hatred and sadness all within her. 

Her family stood there waiting for her. She kissed her brother and sister and told goodbye to them as she and her parents went down the road towards the hill where her carriage was waiting for her, to take her towards her destination, the training camp.

A/N

Wow! Congrats on reaching till here, xD

What do you think about Kendra's grandmother's prediction?

Why do you think everyone is acting weird?

Why does Kendra feel that she wont return home?

Tell me what you think the reason is!! Also don't forget to vote and comment !!