Chapter 13

Jay

I went over to Emma’s as soon as the plane from L.A. landed in New York. Not seeing her for over a month was killing me, and there was only so much we could do over Skype, if you know what I mean. I couldn’t wait to hold her in my arms again, so naturally when she opened the front door in her underwear, I had no idea what to do with myself. By the look on her face, she was obviously surprised to see me. She looks so beautiful standing there. Before I know what’s happening, we’re kissing and I’m picking her up, her legs around my waist, walking towards her bedroom. I’d only been at her place once before, but it’s like my feet know exactly where to go. I’d thought about how this would happen so many times throughout the time I was gone. It was all happening so fast. We probably should’ve stopped to talk first but I certainly didn’t want to, and I could tell that Emma didn’t want to talk either by the urgent way she was taking my clothes off. Suddenly, I’m only wearing my boxers as I pull Emma’s tank top over her head. I hesitate before doing anything else, but then I look into her eyes and know that she wants this as much as I do. I’m on top of her now, and my gaze is wandering all over her body, examining her curves and appreciating her beauty.

 That’s when I see it, right on her hip. I’ll Be Your Strength. The words sound so familiar, but I can’t seem to remember where I’d heard it before. I look up at Emma, and she looks like she’s seen a ghost. Then I remember where the words are from. Glancing down at the tattoo again, I’m trying to understand how these words would relate to Emma and how she would know of them, but the terrified look on her face confirms everything I need to know. That’s when it happens. I ask Emma why she lied to me, she denies it, and just like that, we’re both yelling, accusing each other of lying. I knew she was mad, but I was not expecting her to slap me. What happens after that is a blur. All I remember is having so much to say to her that I couldn’t say anything at all, and walking out of the apartment in my underwear. I manage to get my clothes back on but I try not to look at Emma as I walk out. There are just too many things I need to figure out.

 Once outside, I hail a cab and go back to our hotel. I think about walking there instead but I’m too confused right now and would probably just end up getting lost. When I walk into the suite, Siva and Max are in front of the telly, playing a video game. They don’t seem to notice me right away. Tom and Nathan aren’t around. I throw myself on the couch behind them and that’s when they turn around and see me there. Max quickly pauses the game “Mate, what in hell happened to you? You look like death!” I can’t seem to find the words to explain to them what happened in detail. All I can manage to say is “Emma. She knew.” Max looks confused for a second but then his eyes widen in understanding, “You’re joking! How did you find out?” I close my eyes and rest my head against the back of the couch. I don’t really have the strength to talk about it. I hear Max talking, asking more questions but it sounds like he’s far away. Siva says something but I can’t hear what it is.

 Suddenly, Max yells “What? Seev, you knew about her?” My eyes shoot open and sitting up, I look directly at Siva sitting in front of me on the floor. “What are you talking about, Siva? How did you know about her?” My anger from earlier is back. Siva looks up at me and his voice is calm “I had my suspicions about her for some time. I did some research while we were away. I went to see her today and confronted her about it. She didn’t even deny it. I told her to tell you the truth or I would. I’m glad she told you so quickly. She’s a nice girl. I like her.” I stand up quickly. “You spoke to her? And why didn’t you say anything to me before?” Siva just shrugs in that nonchalant way of his “I needed to be sure. I didn’t want to say anything to you until I heard it from her first.” He hesitates before continuing “But how did she tell you?” I throw myself back down on the couch and sigh loudly. “She didn’t tell me.” I explain everything that happened, how I found the tattoo and our argument. When I finish, Siva and Max are both quiet. They glance at each other quickly before looking up at me. By the looks on their faces, I know they have a lot to say. Glaring at them, I say “What? Just say what you’re thinking because I know you’ll say it whether I want to hear it or not.” Max clears his throat “Well mate, I understand why you’re upset, but to be perfectly honest, Emma does have a point. You did lie to her first. She was just going along with your lie.” My jaw drops in shock, “Are you lads really taking her side? What is wrong with you two? This is ridiculous!” I can feel my frustration rising, so I get up and storm out of room before I can say something I’ll regret.

 I throw myself on my bed and try to calm down. Nathan and Tom come into the suite and I hear Siva and Max explaining to them what happened with Emma. I try blocking out their voices. Eventually, they’re voices are completely drowned out in my head. I start drifting to sleep but am jerked awake when I hear a knock on the door. Without waiting for a reply, Tom comes in and walks towards the bed. He gives me a sympathetic smile, “How you holding up, mate?” I shrug and look away. I don’t even know how I’m doing anymore. I’m expecting Tom to say something else, but he doesn’t. He just sits down on my bed and stays quiet, which is odd for Tom. After a while, I can’t take the silence anymore. “What do you think? Am I wrong to be so upset?” Tom shakes his head, “I really don’t know, mate. I think you need to figure this out on your own. You really liked her before you found out. You need to figure out if your feelings for her were real or not. But I can’t pick a side. I think what you both did was wrong, so I won’t side with either one of you.” With that, he gets up and walks out of the room. That was honestly the weirdest thing I have ever heard come out of Tom’s sober mouth. 

****Author's note****

Hey everyone!

Okay so I know that this chapter is ridiculously short but I promise on my first born child (who does not even exist yet but whatever) that I will be posting the second part to this chapter by tomorrow night, which is New Year's Eve night! I'm not in New York right now so I'm away from my normal writing atmosphere, which is why I am putting you all through this torture. Anyways, I'll shut up now. I hope you enjoyed this! 

Love you all and thanks for reading!

Mari xoxoxo