Epilogue - "Emotions Realized"

Running through the labrinyth would normally be far more difficult for the pair of seasoned Integrity Knights. Luckily, the man they ran in after had left quite the trail to lead them. Gashes in the walls, parts of the ruins torn to shreds and the bodies of fallen foes decorated their path. Eydis sighed. "This man didn't even try to sneak past..." Bercouli smiled. "However, because of his method of entry we know exactly where to find him Little Eydis." She couldn't argue with the commander's logic. While it wasn't what she would have done, without the obvious battle remains they would surely be lost among the hallways. Their tracking would soon be rewarded, as the two at last emerged into the final chamber. Dust was still barely settling, and the room was a total wreck. Sitting among the broken chunks of stone was a hunched over Kirito, Blue Rose at his side. Across from him, the unmistakeable figure of Quinella was tinkering with what seemed to be  the broken Night Sky. It was clear she was using her abilites to fix the blade and restore it from its battle damage. On the floor, draped in a battered tarp, was the body of another Kirito. There was no sign of life coming from him, and another pair of the same swords lay next to him. Bercouli nor Eydis could make heads or tails of the confusing scene before them. "Boy." The old warrior called out, to which the ravenette looked over his shoulder with a somber expression. The dirty, lavender haired administrator looked up as well to see the face of her closest confidant. "Commander Bercouli. You look well." She greeted. "I can hardly speak the same of the two of you. You're both worse for wear." He replied, approaching the group. Eydis followed close behind, her eyes uncomfortably glued to the second Kirito on the ground. "Kirito... what is this...? What's going on here?" Quinella turned to her ally with a gentle tone. "You haven't told them yet, have you?" Kirito sharply inhaled, then exhaled. "This is far from the way I wanted to explain things." He arose from his seat and turned to them.

...

After explaining the truth in as much depth as he could, he looked down to his feet. "I apologize for the deceit. It was just not so easy to explain such a  heavy reality." Eydis looked down as well, then back up with a surprised face. "Alls well that ends well though. You stopped the threat upon our world and destroyed the revived Emperor Vecta. I can hardly fault you when you shouldered so much responsibility and pulled through. You have my gratitude Kirito." The black swordsman chuckled and rubbed his neck. "I appreciate the sentiment more than you realize, Eydis. Thank you."  Quinella smiled at the exchange, relieved. "It is finally over, then."

Bercouli finally interjected

Bercouli finally interjected. "Not quite. This teleportation artifact you mentioned must still be destroyed. We must see to that." Quinella shook her head. "No. Leave that to me." She handed the Night Sky back to Kirito. It was fully repaired. "Take good care of her from now on. Okay, Mr. Hero?" The ravenette nodded and took back his sword. "Thank you for everything, Quinella. Give Diavel and Kibaou my thanks as well." She bowed. "That I will. Good luck to you. I doubt this is the last time we will meet. The coming days will prove that, I'm sure of it." The administrator daintily walked to a nearby wall, and eroded it with her powers, then disappeared through the hole.