Episode 2: Ninja never give up

When Nixon fails to tap into his elemental power he has doubts that he is the Purple ninja, meanwhile the whereabouts of Sensei Wu are unknown.

"I can't do it, I'm not the purple ninja, it must've been a massive mistake!" Nixon wailed after his 974th attempt to tap into his unknown elemental power. It was a bright and sunny day in Ninjago, a week had passed since their first run in with Nixon and the evil Samurai. Nixon was getting stronger by the minute, everyone had to admit it. But he couldn't tap into his elemental power. He had passed the training course in record time (6.3 seconds). He was clearly built for the Ninja type. All he ever did was fight and train and fight, having a few meals here and there. In fact on his second day in the monastery Jay had said he should get some sleep. Nixon had simply replied with, "Heroes never rest, they see the day and night the same way as evil never sleeps," then he went back to training.

"Nixon relax, you can do it, just concentrate, focus on the body, mind and soul, you were chosen for a reason, we all were!" Nya said, but after Nixon walked away, she sighed.

"He'll get there one day," Jay said hopefully. "You think the Samurai's still out there?" He asked. Nya nodded, although they hadn't heard of him recently, he was still lurking about there somewhere. Nixon began to train again, maybe he could get some answers out of the person who ruined the first 12 long winters of his life. Sensei Wu.

"Hey Nixon, you never said why you wanted to see Sensei Wu, what'd he do to you?" Kai asked, eager to know why the purple ninja had a personal vendetta against the Sensei.

"That old behemoth exiled me from all of Ninjago from the day I was born, I know this because I have photographic memory," he replied, readying himself for his fight against Cole, "I suppose he knew that I was the so-called forbidden purple ninja." Now he was in combat position looking Cole in his eye, all he knew was training and fighting, it was what he was brought up to learn and do, it was the main reason he had worked on his craft so much, there was nothing to do.

"Oh... that's harsh," Kai said after a while, he had a tough childhood. In fact could he even call that a childhood.

"Guys is it me or is the Samurai back at it?" Jay asked from the radar, not exactly happy to come up against the same villain who destroyed him just a week ago.

"What are we waiting for let's go, Nixon stay here and train, this is Ninja business, you're too important!" Lloyd shouted, somehow delighted that he could finally say that to someone, when he used to be told that, he knew how it felt.

"All right!" Nixon replied brightly. They sped off but Kai and Nya turned round one final time, feeling sorry for him. Look how he had grown up, he probably expected to get all the action because he should be favoured, Nixon nodded.

They arrived at the foot of the Subway station, the Samurai was last seen there. "I expect that he should be coming o-," Zane tried to say but shurikens reached his stomach and automatically came out and back into the Samurai's hand. He tucked them into his side. He had a sword slung over his shoulder.

"Alright big boy, take some of this, NINJA-GO! " Kai said, missing the Samurai by inches. The Samurai rushed forwards, just when a lady said,

"Forito, is that actually you, look what monster you've become!" The Samurai then froze exactly like Nix, when he first came upon Kai.

"Ninja-go!" Jay took his chance, but the Samurai simply dodged the attack and kicked the woman to the side, he knocked Jay out cold. Kai got back up and both him and Lloyd were at the ready.

"NINJA-GO! " They shouted in unison. But the Samurai jumped, shot his sword at Nya, who fell backwards. Lloyd and Kai hit each other. Cole ran forward ready to strike but the Samurai punched him and then striking upwards twisting round. He was in perfect combat stance, poised on his toes. All the weight shifted to his feet balanced perfectly. So when he landed the blow Cole instantly felt the whole weight, it'd take time to recover. He had beat the Ninja, it was time to imprison them.

"When the cat's away, the mice will fucking play!" A boy called, from behind the Samurai. It was Nixon, how did he know where they all were? It didn't matter, he was there to help.

"What are you, a laughing stock, there's no Purple Ninja, this is the Ninja's saviour, a child!" Forito called, his voice extremely cold and empty, he clearly felt no emotion. It was as if he was related to Nixon, they both were blank and empty. You could've made these two from wax work.

"Rule number one: Never come across the Purple Ninja!" Nixon screamed, before launching forward and striking towards the Samurai landing the hit perfectly, somehow the Samurai didn't feel a thing. The Samurai quickly threw his shurikens and Nixon was hit, but he didn't fall back he simply laughed. As they reached the Samurai's hand, the Samurai knew that this was no ordinary child, there was something unpleasant about him, unfriendly. This kid seemed like he belonged to another world. Perhaps it was because he was too busy wondering how extraordinary this child was, that he stumbled backwards from Nixon's attack. Maybe it was because he had sheer luck, or even worse because he was actually no match for him! They faced each other, eyes narrowed, both staring it was now or never. They both sprinted forwards jumped and their fists collided. Both trying the same attack.

"Give up if you want a chance of survival kid, I don't want you, I want the Ninja," Forito called out, the kid was none of his interest. He wanted to get away from him. Nixon didn't care he tried another kick, his legs ached, crying for a lie down. His hands couldn't take it anymore. He should give up. But something strived him forward as he lashed forwards for a knife open hand strike, this was called "Shuto Uchi" He had learnt that because on his exile island there were many forgotten martial art temples, most of them karate dojo's. Although they were desolate, they had many scrolls, full of information. Why was he still fighting, he was told not to, this villain was way bigger than him. What was he doing, he should be doing what other kids did. What did they do, did they fight and train? He never actually met another kid, he just met a bunch of teenage ninja and this evil Samurai. But finally he knew why he was going forward. He knew why he wasn't quitting! He knew what was pushing him! As he prepared for the final strike. He lashed out with all his might! He could actually end this once and for all!

"NINJA never GIVE UP!" He screamed. He did it, but no, he missed the Samurai chuckled and went back on his motorbike and sped off! Only leaving a trail of dust as he drove away in the humid Ninjago air.