Episode 3: Return of the Sensei

When Sensei Wu finally returns, he explains about the Elemental Core of Space. It's time for Nixon Foyth to finally unlock his elemental power!

"Get up, get up, try again!" the words had come from none other than Kai, Nixon still hadn't reached his elemental power.

"Alright, but can Lloyd sit out this time, I don't even have an elemental power!" Nixon replied, trying to make this fight easier, he couldn't beat all the Ninja on his own!

"Hmmmm, I wonder if Sensei Wu could answer this?" That was a good question, could the grand Sensei himself answer this question? Why couldn't Nixon reach his elemental power.

"For now, I'm doing my best to defeat you!" Nixon replied, but he wasn't completely truthful with that. Something else had got him thinking. He wasn't-

"It can't be!" It was a man, a very old man, he had a white beard. He had a sort of hat on. Nixon recognised him, holding his teapot delicately. Clutching his staff, eyeing up the guy in the purple suit.

"Sensei Wu ... ," Nixon rolled the name over his tongue playfully, he was still a 12 year old kid after all.

"Nixon, how, why, what?" Sensei Wu stumbled over his words as if wondering what question to start with.

"What is this now, 21 flipping questions, Sensei? By the way, you got something wrong, my name isn't Nixon anymore, call me Nix!" Nix had now decided that he needed a cool, slick name as a ninja and he decided to cut off the o and last n in his name.

"Now did you escape, Nix?" Sensei Wu asked politely, forcing the menacing tone out of his voice. He did not seem any bit happy about seeing this boy, one that he thought he would never see in his life again. Outside the monastery, the postman struggled up the steps. Losing a few letters and chasing after them.

"Simple, I swam," Nix replied, his dangerous voice coming out again, slowly dropping into combat position, like a racer about to start running.

"Why are you here?" Sensei Wu already knew the answer, the postman had finally reached the door and had rung the bell a few times, but the tension in the room was already too high for anyone to realise. Kai went to get it.

"At first I came to kill you, for revenge, but now I'm here to become the Purple Ninja! Not as if a bumbling old fool like you would care, idiotic of you of trying to get rid of me, Ninja work best in the shadows, Sensei." Nix said the words loud and clear, pausing on each word for effect. He may be his Sensei, but the man standing in front of him would never be his friend.

"Of course, but you just go back, now that you are here, terrible dangers will plague Ninjago City. I exiled you for the safety of our home. Not because I didn't want you to become the Purple Ninja!"

"Wait, but Forito was here before Nix arrived, meaning that it didn't matter if Nix was here or not." Jay was extremely confused.

"He must have arrived the second I stepped foot on the land!" Nix burst out. He still wasn't too happy that he had been exiled but at least the old-timer had a reason for his doing.

"If Nix is a curse it doesn't matter if he goes back, once the curse is set, he is the only one who is able stop it. If he goes back there'll still be others!" Kai had grown closer with the kid, he was like Lloyd when he was younger. Their friendship was unbreakable.

"Alright, but if you're truly going to become the Purple Ninja, we need to collect your Elemental Power," Wu showed a faint smile, it was incredible how much the boy resembled Kai, no wonder he (Nix) had a soft spot for him (Kai). "How are you so fit?"

"There's nothing much to do when you're in exile is there? What the fuck did you expect to do?" Nix laughed coldly, the others chuckled too, not realising that it wasn't a friendly joke.