6 - Over the top we go

Notes:
Ok so, life is crazy at the moment so sorry this took a while.
Trying to balance trying to find work experience for vet school whilst doing a-levels and an EPQ is exhausting. But I love writing and I love the ghosts. So, priorities.

And I never thought people would actually read my dumb writing, yet alone say they enjoy it - so thank you so much to everyone that leaves me such nice comments. It makes my day!

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)

————————

"Ali!!"
Luna had stopped screaming, but she felt dizzy when she tried to stand - so she had turned to shouting for Allison. She was breathing frantically, and had curled around herself on the floor. She screwed her eyes shut as an ice cold panic enveloped her.

She heard the sound of hurried footsteps, and soon Allison was at her side. Close to tears, Luna tried to point down the corridor with a shaky finger. Looking up, Allison realised Luna had met another of the residents - Humphrey's body was disappearing round the corner, arms outstretched for balance and touch-navigation.

Turning back to Luna, she began to try to calm her down. "Deep breaths, Luna, slowly. In, 1..2..3..4, and out, 1..2..3..4.."
It started to work, Luna had begun to breathe more slowly, and gradually the deep breaths grounded her. She clutched Allison's hand as she did so, and a few minutes later she was able to stand.

"Hey, you good now?" Allison knew how awful the panic attacks could be on Luna's confidence - she hated how it made her feel reliant on other people.
"Come on, let's sit down somewhere a bit more comfortable-"
"No." Luna's quiet but determined tone caught Allison off-guard, she met Luna's eyes, "I believe you."
"About the-"
"Yes, the ghosts. I know they're ghosts; now I know they're real." Luna swallowed, "I want to meet them. All of them."

——/——/——

"Really?! Oh gosh! How exciting!" Kitty huge smile lit up the room, and the other ghosts looked equally keen to formally meet her. Even Fanny.
Allison had finished rounding up the ghosts into the living room, and was trying to get them to promise to be sensible.
"Finally I can help correct that awful posture." Fanny said, clasping her hands in front of her.
"You'll do no such thing. She's still terrified, you know." Julian countered, surprising everyone by actually being the voice of reason.
"What's wrong with just a friendly 'hello'?" smiled Pat, "We could all play Twister!"
"Not just yet, Pat - this is just a chance for everyone to introduce themselves and for you guys to maybe ask her some questions. BUT, you have to be understanding of her nervousness and DON'T overwhelm her. Luna wants to talk to you, but don't... just don't." Allison finished wearily, she was probably more apprehensive than Luna about all this.
Her nerves were somewhat soothed by a confident nod from the Captain, who had stationed himself behind the sofa where the others were sitting. She felt reassured that he could keep them all under control.
"Right, I'll go get her."

——/——/——

Mike had just texted Allison, and sat on the bar stool, a pint in his hand.
'You coming down? I'm at the pub, we've got a whole weekend of stripping skirting boards so now is the pretty much the only time we have to relax this week'
A few minutes later, his phone buzzed with her reply:
'Luna is having a meet and greet with the ghosts atm, so if all goes well for the first few minutes I'll come'
Another buzz, 'and don't remind me abt those bloody skirting boards'

He chuckled, but couldn't help being slightly jealous... or sad? If he was honest with himself, he didn't not what he was feeling. He was the only one who couldn't see or talk to them. He knew they were real, sometimes he would catch a light bulb flickering or the keys on his laptop being pressed by some invisible hand, or smelt burnt toast. He couldn't interact with them, but now Luna could too!
He loved Allison dearly, and Luna was nice new company, but he couldn't help feeling a little lonely in the big, old house. It wouldn't hurt to have a few more people to talk to, all with different and interesting histories.