One 

Snow gently falls through the night air, as if a million feather pillows have exploded somewhere up above. It settles on the slope and starts to float toward the lift pylons. It drapes over the trees' fragile branches. In the glow of a floodlight, I brush a fresh layer of crystals from my goggle lens and peer through a galaxy of swirling snowflakes at my brother who was digging a leap. Hundreds of these eerie yellow lamps pepper the mountainside's valleys. The kicker still has a ways to go until it's ready to be struck, I think I've got time for one more lap. I clear the powder from the nose of my board and set off alone down the quiet road, trailed by plumes of cold smoke...

"Y/N"

"HUH"

I screamed out eyes shot wide open only to see my twin brother right in front of me. Although we aren't identical, we both have the same piercing yet delicate baby blue eyes.

"Morning Y/n. Your alarm has been going off for the past 5 minutes. I thought I should wake you up instead." Langa says with a soft tone.

"Oh really? Dang, I need to stop staying up late it's affecting my sleep schedule. I should start getting ready." I replied with a small grin.

Langa nodded in agreement as he walked off to which I'm assuming the kitchen with mom. I started to get ready soon as he closed the door. I put on my uniform.

I walked out of my room and joined the table with the other two. I could tell that mom was a little worried about us and I don't blame her. We finished breakfast and Langa and I headed out.

Time skip walking to school

Unfortunately, we figured out Langa and I didn't have the same homeroom but we did have the same lunchtime thankfully. I squeezed my brother's hand in reassurance telling him it would be okay and ill see him a bit. We separated our ways to our homeroom. 

Another time skip brought to you by Langa being a prince :)

Finally, school finished which felt like 20 years had taken off my lifespan. I texted Langa that I'm at the meeting spot when he texts back with an "ill be there in a couple of minutes." I wonder if Langa made any friends unlike me. It's not like I can't make friends or anything I just haven't gotten to know anyone well enough yet. Now that I've been thinking of it I have been waiting for him for 10 minutes. Did he get lost or something. Ugh, that airhead! I knew I should've waited outside of his classroom. I was about to spam Langa's text message to let him know I was starting to get concerned I heard my name getting called.

"Y/N!"

I looked up after spamming what I think was my 50th text message. Thankfully it was the same airhead I was worried about but he was with another guy. Getting a closer look he had wild red hair that was getting tamed by a bandanna, Amber eyes, and was holding a skateboard. By now, the boys both stood right in front of me. The redhead looked at me with his Amber eyes in confusion.

"Langa you were starting to make me concerned if you got lost. Oh well, you're here now that's all that matters. Anyways who's the redhead?" I asked. The redhead was still glancing at me with those amber eyes.

"Y/n this is Reki he's in my homeroom. He paused and started again. "Reki this is my twin sister Y/N."

The boy whom I now know as Reki proceeded to introduce himself.

"Hi, i'm Reki Kyan! I'm in your brother's homeroom and it's nice to meet you!" he says with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Y/N, Langa's sister." I started out looking at the skateboard Reki was holding. I'm pretty sure he took notice because he then said this.

"Are you interested in skating?"

  ✎ Authors notes✎

-Time writing 45 minutes, 843 words, 3 pages

-Hi I just wanted to say thank you for reading this. I haven't written an actual fanfic that involves around a series in 3 years but I wanted to try it again. I really love Sk8!

- I don't exactly know when I'm going to post a new chapter but my goal is to write at least 1-2 chapters each weekend (I might write a little bit more as of right now because spring break just started but I'll also be on vacation soon and I might not have a good connection)

-I know that this first chapter is really short but don't worry. The next chapters should be a bit longer hopefully!

-Reki brain rot :)