Eight

No one's POV

The three went back to Dope Sketch after what happened today. The two boys went to fix Langa's skateboard and just talked while Y/n decided to take a nap. After all, she was very tired from today.

Langa's POV

I was trying to get used to the new fix Reki made to my skateboard. He decided to change my skateboard and give me toeclips instead so I can still switch stances.

"Thank you this is awesome!" I thanked the redhead.

"That's why they call me mechanic star Reki!" The redhead proudly stated. I was still amazed about the new toe clips.

"I'll add them to Y/n's if she wants them to but be real. Is this board enough to beat Chien? I'm not just talking about just you either." Reki glances at the sleeping beauty amongst them. "Y/n as well."

Langa also glanced at his sister. You could barely hear her soft whimpers while she dozed off. Could the two of us beat Miya with the board Reki just made them?

"HELL NO WE'RE GONNA WIN THIS THING!"

Looks like I have my answers even though Y/n and I are skating.

No one's POV

The trio later that night decided to skate at a parking garage. It was doing the twins good practice before going against the Japanese national. Reki was impressed by how comfortable the twins were with the speed you both going despite how new you guys are with the concept of skating. Reki glanced at the girl in front of him. She looked like a pro! They all took another turn and Langa fell again.

"You alright L?" Y/n asked worried as Reki stopped. He noticed something was off because he knew Langa bailed on this turn earlier. Before the three of them could say anything else a security guard chased them.

Y/n's POV

Reki grabbed my hand as the three of us ran from the guard. I blushed madly but thank god it's nighttime. Reki and I went in a different direction from Langa. I looked back and to see the guard chasing Langa. Haha big L.

"Don't get caught have fun L!" I stuck out my tongue at him even though his back is towards me.

"I believe in you, Langa!" Reki sang out waving as he dramatically fell onto what was part of a broken office chair?

"This is your fault!" Reki blamed me as I was hysterically laughing like a hyena.All of a sudden he crouched down while giving me his skateboard and part of the chair.

"Hop on I got a good idea to help you and Langa out for the beef. Just hold onto the boards and that piece."

"It's like I can see the light bulb above your head." I sarcastically stated getting on Reki's back while holding onto everything.

———————————————————————

Reki is currently working on my board. He replaced the other wheels with the new ones that he found on my skateboard. At first, I was confused why but when he explained everything it made a lot more sense.  I heard heavy panting as I turned around to see my twin glaring at us.

"Yo, you're here." Reki also turned around to greet Langa

.

"After you both abandoned me!" His piercing blue eyes glared at us even harder.

"What I don't speak grudge." Reki laughed off completely ignoring what L just said as he took L's skateboard to do change out the wheels as the redhead did with mine. Oka told the three of us there was something he wanted to show us. It was Chien at a compition. He was amazing at it. He wasn't even breaking a sweat!

"But look...it doesn't seem like he's having any fun." What Reki just said caught me off. Not having fun at all.

———————————————————————

No one's POV

"I heard the rookies are going up tonight!" Someone gossiped.

"Huh, the ducktape twins?" Another asked.

"If they are against Miya then there's no way they'll win!" Another laughed.

"Why would some noobs try to win against a pro?"

Ahhh yes, back at the iconic "S" about to race Miya. Reki was doing a quick fix with both of the twin's boards and as they heard the whispers about them.

"Is this some sick joke?" Miya asked. He wanted to get this over with.

"Our boards are still being made. We didn't forget" Langa replied.

"You sure?" Miya taunted.

"Positive!" Y/n smiled at Miya.

Cue Reki running in with our boards. The twins grinned. As Reki gave the boards to us.

"It's finished and nothing's going to stop you both." Reki gasped as he ruffled Y/n hair.

"Like the power of friendship will keep you losing tonight!" Miya again taunted.

"Umm yes, actually that's how we've been winning!" Y/n spat back. She's not wrong though.

Miya glared daggers at her.

"And what will I win? I thought a lot about it. If I end up slaughtering you then you're going to be my lapdog." Miya pointed to Reki. It took Reki a minute to realize what was going on.

"WHY ARE YOU POINTING AT ME!"

"I've always wanted a puppy and your friends have already shown me that they can fetch. If I lose I'll become a dog or cat for you."

"Sure why not." Langa replied quickly as Reki went jumped on him and started shaking him.

(I picture Y/n's reaction to be like Ash's)

———————————————————————

Meanwhile on the other side of S

"Hmmm isn't that intriguing wanna make a bet which one will win?" A tall buff guy with green hair asked Cherry.

"There's not much to bet off here. We don't need to watch this race to know who will win." Cherry said.

"Miya...so we agree then?"

"Reluctantly so."

"How boring." Joe sighed.

Cherry took a glance towards the twins and their boards.'There's something about those boards. That girl is acting differently too.'

———————————————————————

✎ Authors notes✎

Word count: 958

Time written: 1 hour

Reki brain rot :)