𝟙

5 years ago her and the Avengers were first faced against the purple Titan, though last time, the results of the battle were not in the Avengers favor. A single snap sent the entire universe into a panic, people were being erased into dust, loved ones were being lost, everyone's world came crashing down.

From her place in Wakanda, she watched her friends waste away into dust.

Now, the girl stands amongst the friends she has left, in a protective stance in front of the titan.

"In all my years of conquest– violence– slaughter– It was never personal. But I'll tell you now– what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet– I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much," the alien's voiced reigned over the few warriors.

The girl gritted her teeth and looked around at her tired, broken friends, but something caught her eye. Captain Rogers got up from his fighting stance and looked around the compound rubble, Y/N watched him scanning the terrain aimlessly, until she saw a sparks from behind.

"On your left," The words rang through her ears, she recognized them. They were Sam's words, but he's not here, is he?

Hundreds of portals began to open and tons and tons of people walked out, all unharmed, fully restored and ready to fight. She watched as her friends walked and flew around, down to her sides to help take down Thanos. She was thrilled  to see everyone, but she looked for someone in particular.

Everyone gathered together, and she heard Captain Rogers yell, "Avengers.." suddenly, she watched as Mjolnir was summoned into his hand, "Assemble!"

Everyone yelled battle cries as they ran into the fighting zone, but she didn't feel her feet move.

Her hands glowed by her sides, until she felt a touch on her shoulder. She flinched then turned around cautiously, only to meet the gaze of her lover.

Loki.

She threw her arms around him as tears streamed down her face. He embraced her protectively and whispered comforting things to her.

"Now, now, darling, it's time to fight, I promise we'll have time for this later," she pulled away from him and smiled, cupping his cheek in her hand, she nodded and put her guard back up. She watched as Wanda and Natasha tried to take down a group of extraterrestrial beings, alone and he watched as his brother tried to take down a large monster.

They both knew what they had to do. They turned and looked at each other lovingly, Loki took her hand and kissed it lightly, "Until we meet again?" He asked with hope in his eyes, and she smiled, "Until we meet again."

They both ran off into battle to help their friends. Y/N went from fight to fight, battle to battle, with Wanda at her side, the two of them easily defeating anyone who crossed their path.

She was separated from the others and she was now trapped in the middle of a large group of aliens, she was currently losing. She threw energy orbs at each being, taking them down one by one, but she was barely holding on, until she felt pang in her chest, an emotional break.

She desperately looked around and then she saw it.

Loki's neck in the clutches of Thanos.

She watched as Thanos dropped Loki's lifeless body onto the ground, as if it was nothing but dirt. She heard as Thanos yelled out to everyone, "Now you see what happens when you run from the power of the inevitable one!"