𝟛

"Who are those people?"

"What are you wearing?"

"Why are they here?"

"What are you wearing?!"

"Well, it's our anniversary!"

"Our anniversary of what?"

"Well, if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you!"

The pair were just as confused as Mr. and Mrs. Hart. They went back and forth for a while before Loki decided to tell her what was going on.

"That... That man through there is my boss, Mr. Hart! And his dear lady wife, Mrs. Hart! The heart on the calendar was an abbreviation!"

Y/N seemed confused by this, "You're the God of Mischief and I can make a pen float through the air with the flick of my wrist. Who needs to abbreviate?"

"Darling, listen, it's all romantic to do the candles, the music, that stunning outfit...I don't wanna be unappreciative, but right now..."

"But your boss and his wife are expecting a home cooked meal."

"Exactly."

Y/N looked over at the food on the table, and on the table was a single chocolate covered strawberry, she looked back at Loki and let out a short, nervous laugh.

"Any chance they'd settle for a single chocolate-covered strawberry split three ways?" She asked hopefully, but he only sighed, "Uh.."

"Okay, okay, I have a better idea," Y/N snaps her fingers and her dress changes into a traditional 1950's dress, "Now go out there and entertain the guests," she said, pushing him out the kitchen door. As soon as he left, she looked around and sighed, "Okay."

She walked to the phone in the kitchen and turned the dial to each number of her friend's number.

Meanwhile, in the living room, Loki was making sure the guests didn't suspect anything, "So I said, "If we orient the forms horizontally rather than vertically, we can use twice the paper, we can can bill twice the cost"," Loki laughed at his bosses 'joke', but he was still confused about what they do at his job.

"You truly are a pioneer! But the larger purpose of the forms is..." he tried subtly asking.

"Was to analyze our input and our output."

"Huh."

"You're awfully dense, aren't you, Loki?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the kitchen, Y/N let Agnes in through the back door, "Agnes you are a life saver!" Agnes entered the house holding many baskets of food, "What kind of housewife would I be if I didn't have a gourmet meal for four just lying about the place?"

Y/N let out a nervous, humorous noise in response to Agnes's 'question' and then she began helping her friend and neighbor unload the food. Suddenly, Agnes drops a big pot, in the other room, Loki, Mr. Hart and Mrs. Hart all get up with a jump.

"Do you think Y/N needs help in the kitchen?" Mrs. Hart asked the raven haired man, but he only shook his head, "I'm sure she's fine Mrs. Hart," he tried to reassure her.

Y/N tried to get Agnes out of the kitchen so she could use her magic, but Agnes just would not leave, "Well, I know you're in a pinch so this menu can be done in a snap. Lobster Thermidor with mini-minced meat turnovers to start. Chicken à la King with twice-cooked new potatoes for your second course, and Steak Diane and mint jellies for your main. Do you set your own jellies, dear?"

"Yes."

"Good."

Y/N tries to push Agnes out the door for the third time succeeding finally, "Recipe cards are on the counter there. Bon appétit!"