𝟜

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present Day 𝐒.𝐖.𝐎.𝐑.𝐃 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the call came in, Director Hayward was baffled at the report. He stormed through the halls of S.W.O.R.D. headquarters yelling orders at everyone nearby, this could finally be his chance to prove himself to his superiors.

He ran into the tech room and ordered everyone to get out. He went through some footage until he finally found what he wanted.

He ran out of the room and into a training room, "Logan! Wallace! Get Lewis and get a team together. You're going to New Jersey." Agent Logan spoke up, "Sir! Where are you going? Aren't you coming with us?" Hayward gave the girl a nasty look, "No, Lo-gan," he separated the syllables of her name, "I'm going to work here until you find something that sparks my interest," he tried to play off his true intentions.  

The two young agents looked at each other confused, but complied with Hayward's request, they cleaned up and made some calls. They gathered a team, and loaded them onto a helicarrier. They picked up the people they needed and started their journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present Day 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about 2 hours, they landed in a small field near the town of Westview. They packed trucks and other large vehicles together and started to set up. They took the assistants and put them in a armored truck. There were about 6 of them in the truck.

The short ride was silent, until a woman with bright red lipstick and a cup of coffee spoke up

"Darcy."

The agents looked at the woman with the bright lipstick and furrowed their eyebrows.

"That's my name, Darcy Lewis. Although, you didn't ask, so you probably don't care.." The agents looked her with annoyed looks, and she quickly picked up on it, "Oh, I'm probably rambling again, aren't I?" She laughed a little bit, nervously, before shutting up. The man next to her leaned over and whispered, "I'm Jimmy, Jimmy Woo, I work for the FBI," he held out his hand for her to shake, she took it, "Well very nice to meet you Jimmy."

"What about you guys, what's your field?"

"We're not supposed to talk to each other."

"Ok then, boy scout leader? Got it." she said as she smacked her lips together, she shot a glance to the others in the truck.

"Nuclear Biology."

"Artificial Intelligence."

"Nice. I'm Astrophysics. We got the full clown car. It means whatever the threat is, S.W.O.R.D. clearly has no idea what they're dealing with."

"I'm a chemical engineer."

"No one cares."

The agents rolled their eyes and the truck came to a stop. Agent Wallace brought the people into a place where they could work, Jimmy was whisked away by some other agents and Darcy was left standing in the foyer of the station.

"Ms. Lewis?" Darcy turned around to see and agent waiting for her.

"Dr. Lewis," she corrected.

"Er- right, Dr. Lewis, they have your gear set up."

"Great, those drones you're sending in, what kinda data are you getting?"

"I'm afraid that's highly classified."

"And that means you can't see anything? FBI, Army. I saw the Air Force Office of Special Investigations out there. Research Lab, Space Command, too. A bona fide, joint, multi-service response. Really looking forward to the commemorative T-shirt. Is there somewhere a lady could get a cup of coffee? You guys look like you might get down with those little pod things. Horrendous for the environment..."