{midnight drive: markhyuck}

concept: donghyuck confesses something he doesn't remember.

"so basically, what i'm trying to say is... i love you." mark stood in front of the mirror as if waiting for a response, then groaned and flopped back onto his bed. "what am i doing?" he asked, running a hand through his hair.

the door to the room he was in suddenly opened, a head poking in through the doorway. "hyung?" chenle asked.

"hey," mark put on a smile for the younger. "what's up?"

"renjun hyung said that jeno just called him. apparently he got a call from donghyuck and he..." chenle shook his head. "i don't know, he just asked for you."

"me?" mark asked, his heart starting to race.

"yeah," the younger chinese said with a confused nod.

"is he on the phone?" mark asked.

"yeah. well, renjun's trying to keep him there," he said, glancing back toward the living room. "you should hurry, though."

mark followed him out to the living room. "i know, why did you just leave him there?" renjun asked into the phone, seeming irritated. "well, we just have to hope he's still there by the time mark—" renjun looked over as mark came into view, standing awkwardly to the side. "yeah, he's here, hold on." he handed the phone to mark wordlessly, still looking irritated.

"h-hello?" mark stammered out, worry starting to course through him.

"mark hyung! thank god, i took donghyuck out for drinks because he said he wanted a few, and i thought he was leaving right after me, but apparently he stayed. he called me, and said 'send mark to pick me up,'" jeno explained on the other end of the line. "i'm sorry, hyung, i didn't know he was planning on needing a ride. he still seemed pretty sober when he called, though, so maybe that's a good sign."

"it's not your fault, jeno," mark said, trying to keep himself from thinking the worst. "i just hope you're right."

"i would have stayed with him if i knew," jeno said.

"i know you would have. thanks, jeno." he hung up, handing renjun's phone back to him. "i'm going out. i probably won't be back tonight, so goodnight, guys." the younger dream members waved him off as he grabbed his jacket from the coat rack and stepped outside.

the night air was cool and crisp, but the chill down mark's spine wasn't from the cold. if something bad happened to donghyuck... he didn't dare to think about it.

the radio was on during the drive to the bar, but that was only because mark couldn't stand the suffocating silence. he pulled up to the building with the neon sign name tag out front. he got out of the car quickly, hurrying inside when it felt like the temperature had dropped even lower than it was when he left.

a familiar face caught mark's attention from a corner table. he was giggling with some girl mark didn't recognize, his cheeks flushed. mark could already tell his wasn't as sober as jeno had left him. his stomach dropped.

"hyuck," mark managed as he walked over to the table. his eyes seemed to brighten upon seeing the canadian male, which made his heart skip a beat.

"mark! hi," donghyuck said in a singsong voice, standing up in front of the older. "are we going home already?" he tilted his head innocently.

"yeah, i-i think we should," mark gave an awkward glance to the girl at the table, feeling his cheeks heat up at how close the younger boy was to him.

"okay. bye!" he waved to the girl before mark grabbed his hand to pull him out. mark sighed in relief as they made their way back to his car.

donghyuck leaned toward mark, still giggling. "mark hyung," he said before erupting in a fit of giggles.

"hm?" mark hummed, able to spare a glance at the younger.

"i have to tell him something," he said, wrinkling his nose cutely. "something important."

"well, i'm him," mark said with a chuckle. his heart was pounding as donghyuck traced some sort of pattern on his arm. "what do you need to tell me?"

donghyuck giggled yet again and the sound made mark's ears heat up. "you're cute. and i love you. like, actually. and i wanna kiss you," donghyuck said.

mark knew he didn't know what he was talking about but his heart was racing and he knew his face was bright red. he was glad the dorm was now in view, allowing him to park in front of it. "what?" he asked in disbelief, turning to the younger.

the 127 maknae sat up. "kiss me." mark could barely process what was happening before he felt a pair of lips on his. this was what he wanted, what he had wanted for so long, but he wanted it to happen when they were both sober, and because they both loved each other. he didn't want it to be a situation that felt like he was taking advantage of him.

"hyuck, we shouldn't—" he was cut off as donghyuck kissed him again, putting a hand on the back of mark's neck. his eyelids fluttered shut as donghyuck placed kisses along his jawline but he pushed the younger away before he could continue down his neck. "hyuck, listen to me. we can't do this. at least not-not now, okay? you're drunk," mark said, trying his best not to let his emotions take over.

donghyuck pouted at the older and mark could see how glossy his eyes were. "you don't love me?" he asked.

"hyuck, i-i want to talk about this later." he got out of the car, going to open the door to the passengers side. he picked the younger up, who giggled again.

"night night." his head suddenly fell back as mark was holding him, so mark moved it so his head was supported by the older's shoulder.

he rang the doorbell, hoping any of his other members were still awake. he rang it a few times before it thankfully opened. jungwoo rubbed his eyes, yawning at the younger two standing in the door. "why are you carrying donghyuck? and why is he asleep?" he asked.

"long story," mark said.

"i'm too tired to listen. just come in." he let the two come inside and mark made his way to donghyuck and johnny's room, setting the younger down on the bed. he started to walk away when the younger whined and pulled at his wrist.

"stay," he said. mark couldn't help it. he laid beside the younger, letting him wrap his arms around his waist. mark closed his eyes as donghyuck snuggled into his chest, feeling heat rise to his cheeks again. he put an arm around him and held him until he fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~

mark watched as donghyuck started to stretch and let out a groan of complaint. "my head hurts."

the older smiled fondly down at him. "i'm sure it does," he said, running a hand through the maknae's hair.

"mark?" he asked, looking up.

"yep," mark said.

"why are you in my bed?"

"w-well, because you asked me to," mark replied, blushing again.

"what happened last night?" donghyuck asked, raising an eyebrow and carefully sitting up.

"y-you got drunk, so i ca-came to get you and-and you said some things and some-something else happened, but-but you don't remember any of it, do you?" the younger shook his head.

"what exactly happened, mark?" he asked, still looking down at the older.

mark blushed furiously at the memory. "you said you lo-loved me," he said. it was donghyuck's turn to blush. "and then you... kissed me."

donghyuck's eyes widened. "this is awkward now," he said, looking away.

"hyuck," mark started, sitting up and placing a hand over the younger's. "i love you too, if that's any consolation." donghyuck looked back to the older, blinking in disbelief. "d-do you want to redo that first kiss?" he asked.

donghyuck didn't waste any time crashing his lips back into mark's. mark thought that this one was much sweeter, even though donghyuck was hungover. the awkwardness had completely dissipated.

"first thing in the morning and i come in to this," doyoung said, making the two look at each other and smile. he turned and started to walk out. "breakfast is ready."