Treasure Lost

Charlie texted and called to check in frequently. Rey smiled every time he popped up, even if he couldn't talk for a long time.

They set a date for the dinner and other activities, as Charlie called them. He wrote Rey a sexy email regarding her a few options on the pinchy underwear situation.

Dearest Rey (he wrote),

Re: the underwear dilemma

Option 1, wear the pinching underwear and we'll make love first. Then you can wear what the hell ever you normally wear. Or no underwear at all.

Option 2, be comfy in your regular underwear (as I plan to do). I'm going to tear it off you anyway so I may devour your lovely self.

Option 3, be extra comfy and go commando. I might have to make love to you first if that's what you plan to do.

Text me back when you decide.

Option 2 might change--I may devour you before dinner regardless, since I haven't been able to stop thinking about options 1 & 3.

Yours, Charlie

Rey's thoughts turned hornier by the moment and she was pretty sure she'd take any option that had them in bed sooner than later.

<>

She'd replied to his email: "Hmmm. Processing. Will let you know. All options sound delightful, especially if number 2 is changed."

She still hadn't replied when a text came through early on the day of their planned rendezvous. Unfortunately, Kay had stopped by.

How awful that she thought about Kay's visit that way, but honestly this day was not the one to see her daughter. She wanted to be inside her head, pad around the house, prepare food for her soon-to-be lover, and contemplate her choice of underwear (or lack thereof). Kay's presence was dampening the fire.

"What's this, mom?" Kay asked when the text popped up. Kay read it out loud. "What does it mean, option 1, 2, or 3? Mom, what are you doing? Who is this?"

Rey snatched her phone out of Kay's grasp. "Doodles, don't look at my private messages, please and thank you."

Kay hooted. "What private messages? Mother, who is this person texting you? You only know Rose and...I don't know... whoever your friends are."

Rey looked her daughter in the eye. "That's right, you don't know. That's why it's called private."

Kay looked like she'd swallowed a bug. "Mother."

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"None of your business."

Kay narrowed her eyes. "Are you buying something? Have you been taken advantage of?"

"No, dearest, I haven't been taken advantage of. And, no, I'm not buying something."

"Then what is option 1, 2, or 3?"

"Nothing you need concern yourself with, my darling girl," Rey said. "Not everything in my life is for your inspection."

Rey stared her daughter down. Kay opened her mouth and frowned. The light suddenly seemed to dawn on Kay's face.

"Oh my God," she said. "You have a date? Is that what this is? Is someone taking you out for dinner or something?"

"Or something," Rey answered.

"Who, mother? Who is it?" Kay seemed fascinated. She stared at Rey. "Is he taking advantage of you? Is he old? He's not young." She paused to look Rey up and down. "No, he's not young and you don't have money."