Soulmates

Queen Moonhidora woke up from dispelling titans nightmares, taking down the lavender flowers off the pillars in the castle so they could replace them when the night came around again.

Ever since Rodan came to Alielot, Moonhidorah had made an effort to smile more for their brother each time they made them pancakes. And despite the headaches they had, this morning was no different.

When they walked into the dining room, for the first time in over a thousand years, their dear brothers were absent from the table. There were no pancakes, or any indication that Ghidorah had even done anything at all that morning.

Moonhidorah thought about it for a moment, wondering if their brothers had made love to Godzilla for the first time, and that was the reason why they weren't up yet. They were about to pick up a random fruit from the kitchen, when they heard a set of footsteps enter the room.

It was King Ghidorah alright, though they were looking rather strained.

"We're sorry, dear sisters." Ghidorah frowned. "But the Storm King's evil Monkey lackey decided to live in our girlfriend's castle, so I hope you can understand our concerns."

"The one with the Axe?" Moonhidora asked. "The Storm King is no more, and Godzilla has helped him reform. Not to mention, he can't do anything dangerous with us knowing how to beat his axe. What is your concern?"

"...We told Godzilla that we love her, and she didn't say it back." Ghidorah admitted. "She acted skittish around us several times during the date, as if she wasn't trusting of our presence. And then to see her eyes light up when she saw that rogue monkey, it was almost too much for us to handle."

"You might be reading into this brothers, remember that communication is important." Callist reassured them. "Ask her what is troubling her mind, and make sure you are all on the same page in your relationship."

"...Yes, you're right." Ghidorah decided, before quickly frowning again. "We are very busy though, and we don't want to make her uncomfortable by returning so soon. We will give it a few days, but not too many. I don't want that monkey to lay a hand on her."

Moonhidora ignored their brother's remarks towards Kong; dismissing it as an overreaction based on jealousy. They believed deep down in their heart that Ghidorah meant well, and Godzilla was overthinking as usual. Tonight, they would go into both of their dreams to make sure. It was their job after all.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Kong surprisingly managed to get a good amount of sleep, climbing out of his bed and sliding down the post to the floor and leaping up to open the door. He could immediately hear laughter, followed by Godzilla's gentle hushing. Kong smiled, already feeling happier than he ever did with the Storm King's army.

When he walked into the kitchen, he saw Cranium and Minya with pancake batter specks all over them. Minya was laughing as he took the spoon out of the bowl of pancake batter and smeared a little on Cranium's face.

Minya dropped the bowl and ran off, Cranium giving a sharp-toothed grin as he took off after the Gojira. Kong turned his attention to Godzilla, who was wearing a chef's hat and flipping a pancake-filled pan with her magic, all the while shaking her head at the two.

"Morning, Kong!" Godzilla grinned. "I thought I'd make all of us berry pancakes, if you don't mind."

"Who would mind?" Kong chuckled. "I hope you've got great plans for me today."

"You bet I do!" Godzilla exclaimed, taking the pan off of the stove. "Titano's going to enroll you and Cranium into the School and give you two a tour. And then after school is done, the Purpose Finders are going to take you out to a bunch of places."