Happy Birthday

Camille got ready for the day, she changed into a casual sundress with her natural golden curls hanging lose over her shoulders. The blonde was making a cup of coffee when she heard a knock on her door.

"Who's there?" Cami asked but when she opened the door no one was there. However there was a bouquet of beautiful desert bluebells with a signed card that had her name on the front of it. She smiled sweetly as she picked up the gift and placed it on her kitchen counter. The moment she opened the card her face lit up, it was from Klaus. The human couldn't believe that the hybrid remembered it was her birthday today.

Klaus watched the scene fold out through her window, a soft smile covered his face. He heard her giggle happily before she shook her head in amusement.

"Klaus I know your there, what did I tell you about peering through my window like a creeper?," The therapist smirked in amusement at the embarrassed vampire in front of her. She wrapped her arms around him and smiled at how fast he returned her embrace.

"Thanks for the flowers Klaus they are truly beautiful."

"Not a problem love."

The two stood their in a comfortable silence which was soon broken by Cami when she plucked a few flowers from her bouquet and made her way to the door. Klaus shot her a confused look but decided to follow the bartender anyways. He soon realised where she was headed when he saw the familiar tomb stones, she was visiting Sean. Klaus opened the gate for which earned him a grateful smile. He kneeled down next to her as she began talking to her brother's grave stone, she laughed, she shed a few tears and she told him a lot about what was happening in her life before placing the flowers against his grave.

The pair were strolling down the streets of the French quarter when Cami stopped suddenly, Klaus snapped his head to glance at his brave bartender when her lips were on his. Stunned at first but soon his lips moved in sync with hers. The pair broke apart and smiled at each other having a silent conversation with their eyes. Hands linked together, the couple strolled into the compound and spent the rest of Cami's birthday spending time together, painting, cooking, cuddling and sleeping.

This was definitely Cami's favourite birthday, she may not have her family here but she has Klaus and her friends, she'll be ok.

Sean and Kieran watched the two in awe, they both smiled at the scene in front of them.

"Happy birthday to you too sis, I'm proud of you," Sean called out before his uncle dragged him away.

I might not be right next to you but I'll always be looking over you