Ch.2

°《☆》°
Chapter 2:
Bring to Mind

The sand shifted under his open toed flip flops as the young adult walked to his van.

"Ugh...." Greg stressfully hung his head after walking out of another tiny gig at an old abandoned building. It was a start at getting recognized, but everyone who went to that party barely applauded. "Maybe the accident was bad luck or maybe destiny is telling me to take a different path?"

It had been a good 24 hours since the accident and so far you hadn't come out of your unconscious state. Greg took care of the wounds before he went out and took extreme measures to make sure Marty didn't pull anything inappropriate. He didn't know why he hung around him, but he knew more about the music business than he did. Although, Greg did meet a nicer business woman in the music department.

With a deep breath, the back doors opened and suddenly Greg took a very hard blow to the face by a fist. "GRAH! Oh! OW!!!!" He fell onto the sand and held his nose. Through his blurred vision, a figure stumbled out of the back and tried to run.

They tripped with every step and lost balance constantly which made it hard to know what direction they needed to go for help. For a brief moment, they realized they were running in sand once the grainy texture shifted through their fingertips. "Sand? AH!"

The unexpected tackle was caused by Marty.

This assault took you by a panicked surprise, especially being straddled under an older man. By instinct, you kneed him where the sun doesn't shine.

Marty fell to the side while groaning in pain, "Starchild! Get your arse over here and stop her!"

Greg shook off the dizziness as best as he could before taking off after your trotting figure. 'I know it's mean, but I'm glad Marty deserved that kick.' He thought and managed to go in front of you. "Wait! Wait! Wait!" Greg waves his arms out to stop you which it did, though you tried to run around him only for him to keep cutting you off. "I'm pretty sure this situation is really overwhelming! Believe me. I'm not too happy with it either, but can we please talk about this?"

Finally, your brain began to register that the one freaking out in front of you had been Greg Universe. Or DeMayo, however others preferred.

The both of you were out of breath from the chase and from a distance, you can faintly hear Marty groaning in pain. "Look, you may be Greg Universe, DeMayo or whatever Greg you want to be, BUT!! I! Had suddenly woke up IN A VAN and to make it worse! You two are GUYS!"

"Uh...alright. Seems reasonable by your reaction, but I promise I never did anything to you, except change your bandages on your head. I also made sure to keep Marty away from you." Greg explained and didn't catch the first part of your words.

Honestly, you hadn't expected anything like this to happen so suddenly. 'That reminds me.' You thought and took a look at your hands.

Totally weird to see a different perspective of how this plane of existence is animated. At least the voice you had spoken to earlier had calmed you down, big time. Or else you would've been freaking out worse than you already are. The voice had no clue what was going on either and it seemed surprised that you were talking to it.

"Hey? I know this is a rhetorical question, but are you okay? You're kinda spacing out there." Greg grows worried. "Feeling dizzy? Oh gosh. I hope that running hasn't caused any more damage."

You snap out of it and try to hold back an amused smile, "I'm...I'm fine. It's just—"

The clothes you had on weren't exactly the same from before. It looks....sorta like a jumpsuit. The top and bottom were mostly likely white, but now it had a few smudges here and there. The blue vest accompanied a brown belt to hold it to the suit. No....shoes either.