Ch.1

°《☆》°
Chapter 1:
Unfortunate Events

The illuminating lights from the dashboard of a vehicle showed the MPH velocity that the vehicle was driving. It's engine rumbling from being a slight old age van. An orange arrow blinked toward the right and signalled other drivers upon the fast highway that the van was making a turn. With ease, the van drove down to another road with the sign reading, "Beach City 153". 

"Finally! We're outta that joint. Just a few more gigs, Greg and we'll be able to afford decent equipment. Soon, they'll all be shouting MY name….and yours." The middle-aged man sitting in the passenger seat grins a charming manner at himself through the window reflection. "During this time of year, Beach City will be crawling with people and gals." He slicks back his platinum colored hair. 

The driver known as Greg, smiles in excitement, but keeps his eyes on the road. "Wow. I can't believe it. I'm almost becoming a rockstar!!" His long brown mane of hair moves wildly as he pretends to play an invisible guitar. 

Which had been a BIG mistake as the wheel moved the van to the opposite side of the road, luckily no cars were on the nighttime road. 

"GREG!!!" The man beside him shouts in distress.

Both males choked in terror and their eyes stayed wide open as the headlights shone upon a figure, who had also froze up with fright and dread. It all became slow motion.

Greg's foot slammed on the brakes and everything in the van shot forward to the front. The only noise that sounded louder to the two males was the giant thump from the bumper in the front. Two hearts were pounding rapidly before the two rushed outside after putting the van in park. 

"AHH!" 

Greg threw his hands to his head and turned to his buddy, "WHAT DO WE DO, MARTY?!"

The man paces nervously, "What was that girl doin' out in the middle of the road?! We are definitely going to prison!" Marty gulps and glances at Greg. Maybe he could blame it on him. 

A sudden cough startled Greg and Marty, causing their attention to shift to your figure laying on the ground. There wasn't too much damage; a few scraps and bruises from tumbling. Except for the red line cascading down from your head to your neck. 

It all seemed very odd, considering that you had been hit by a fast driving vehicle.

"We gotta take her to a hospital! Is there one nearby? We could--" Greg was cut off by Marty's angry shout.

"NO! If we take her in, they'll ask us what happened and we will be tossed in! I can't put my credibility on the line and with the way we live, they won't care what happens to us." Marty takes a very deep breath in and breath out while slicking back his hair. "Help me put her in the van." 

Greg squeaks, "Marty! That is so wrong on so many levels. We can't do that! Isn't that kidnapping?" He didn't want to go to jail, especially when his dreams were nearly close. 

Marty tosses his leather jacket on the passenger seat and opens the back doors, "Look, Kid. This is YOUR fault in the first place. Either be wanted for murder or for kidnapping, your choice, Universe." 

The young adult gulps and tries to remain calm. "A-at least patch her up when-when we get to the next s-stop." 

They pick you up carefully with Greg apologizing with every step and Marty snips at him in annoyance, "She's unconscious! Quit it!" 

Things didn't go too well once they were back on the road to the next pitstop. Greg kept driving too slow and kept glancing at the rearview mirror. This brought up Marty's temper and they ended up switching seats, since Marty was more leveled than the guilty Greg. 

It didn't take too long when lights came into view of a lone gas station. Luckily, the van didn't have side windows to look inside and kept it dark if anyone happened to glance at the front and back windows. 

As soon as Marty and Greg speed walked into the store, a painful and exhausted moan came from your faint conscious body. The bright luminous sign caused a massive head to roll around as your eyelids tried to open, barely seeing a confusing word of, "UaUa". 

Immediately, you fall unconscious again.

How did you end up in this situation in the first place? You had no idea and no explanation of what had happened. Well, not at the moment. 

"Did you have to be such a jitterbug while walking around in the store?" Marty quickly fueled up the gas tank of the van and stressfully pinched the bridge of his nose.

Greg bites his lip, "I can't help it. Seriously, this is really wrong, Marty." 

The man clicked his tongue and hung the gas pump, "Come on, Starchild. If you want to be on the top, then do whatever it takes. Especially making sure that gal doesn't talk." He smirks, "Possibly negotiating with a bit of fun." 

"With your style toward women, especially young girls, I think I should do the talking." Greg raised a brow at his pal and frowns in displeasure. "I'll handle it, so your charm is off limits here." 

"Whatever." Marty rolls his eyes while hoping back into the driver seat. 

Greg stays in the back and does his best at cleaning up your wounds. Very gently, he began wrapping them up and leaned back. 

By now, it had only been an hour drive with the radio playing loudly from the front seats. Greg stayed in the back to watch over you and made sure you didn't move too much. He felt extremely guilty and honestly, he never thought something like this would ever happen to him. The idea of what to say to you began to cross his mind, which caused too much stress and scenarios to run through his head. 

They could negotiate. 

But that would also be wrong. 

All of this is wrong. 

Greg holds a hand to his head. 'Oh boy. I'm going to be in for one heck of a ride.' 

The welcoming sign to Beach City began to get closer and shine bright from the van's headlights. Immediately, the two males were greeted with the ocean view from the moonlights rays glistening upon the reflective surface. To add in on the view, a very decent sized tri-state area glimmered with its resident lights. The giant cliffside held an old lighthouse on top. 

"Hello~ Beach City!" Marty chuckled and completely forgot about the odd package in the back.. "We've got lots of brainstorming tonight, Starchild. Get ready for the time of our lives!" 

Greg grins awkwardly and he takes a glance at your unconscious form, "Uh….Yay….?"