𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

༻ ❁ ༺

07:12 am

The following morning

          CHARLOTTE ATTEMPTED TO stifle a yawn as she rested her head against the desk in the laboratory. Against her better judgement, she had decided to join her dad and Dr Banner in the lab that morning.

She observed as Bruce held a scanner in his hand and traced the length of the scepter on the screen, his image being relayed to the screen as he operated the device. He re-positioned the cord that attached it to the device, which was lying on the surface of the bench he was working on, so that it did not snag the weapon's blade.

"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports of the Tesseract," the Doctor stated. The scan was shown under an enlarged image of the gem set at its head, as well as the Cube, on the transparent monitor. "But it's going to take weeks to process."

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct route to the Homer cluster," Her father started from the other side of the room, where three computers were analyzing the data.

As her father entered the desired requirements and ran the computer, Charlotte noticed that the large base that was attached to SHIELD's mainframe with three thick cords had a backdrop sporting the'Stark Industries' logo.

"We can clock this around six-hundred teraflops," he informed them.

Bruce chuckled at the technology he had brought with him, "All I packed was a toothbrush," he remarked.

"I didn't even bring one, Dr. Banner, so you're doing better than me," Charlotte joked, earning a smile from Bruce.

"You know, you should come by Stark Tower sometime," he offered to the doctor, unconcernedly raising a thin prod from one of the tables he passed, fiddling with it as he coaxed, "Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it-it's candy land."

"Yeah, Dr. Banner! You can meet Dum-E and U!" Charlotte said, lifting her head from the desk as she offered a friendly smile.

"And they are?" Bruce asked slowly, a confused look on his face.

"They're menaces, is what they are. Charlotte sounds her every waking moment with them, plotting my demise." Tony mumbled, passing a knowing glance in her direction.

"Dad created them; they're a pair of robotic arms that ' help ' him in the lab." Charlotte used help in a light sense, hence the use of air quotes.