Chapter 1- First Meeting

((HELLO Y'ALL, I COULDN'T WAIT, SO HERE IS CHAPTER 1. ENJOY))

Katrina

It was a sunny day, I was sitting on my bay window, reading one of my favorite novels called "Black Ice", when I heard the beeping of a moving truck. I peeked through my curtains, sure enough a woman and a man stepped out of it. Soon enough a car pulls up into the driveway, 2 other people step out of the car, both males. They open the back door of the moving truck and start taking out boxes and furniture. I lose interest and return my focus on the book.

~30 minutes later~

As I continued reading, something caught my attention, sudden movement in the window across from me. I leaned forward and looked through the small crack of my curtain, I see a chest and abs. I realized it is a guy currently putting up his curtains..black.. like mine. He gets down, tugging his shirt down, suddenly he looks at me. I squealed and fell off the windowsill.. I stayed hidden.. can't believe I got caught...almost..

I stayed hidden, until I saw the figure walking away. Phew, I sigh out and close my book, heading into my bathroom. I looked in the mirror, sure enough my face is flushed.

"Kat!!! Come downstairs and help me with dinner." I hear my mom yell out.

"Coming mother!" I yell back. I wash my face and redo my ponytail. I exit my bathroom, looking at my window, I don't see any movement, with that I head on downstairs.

"Kat!!" I hear my mom yell.

"I'm here." I say as I round the corner.

"Oh, sorry." She apologizes.

"It's okay. How can I help?" I ask.

"You can start by cleaning the salad and cutting it." My mom says. I nod and grab the head of lettuce, walking towards the sink.

I turn on the tap and begin washing the lettuce.

"We're having guests. The new neighbors" my mom says. I choke on my spit.. my mom rushes over, patting me on the back. I lift my hand.

"I'm okay." I say, after it's out of my system.
"You sure?" My mom asks me.

"Uh huh." I say. She walked back to the counter, continuing with making dinner. I pulled out the cutting board, grabbing a knife and I began cutting the lettuce.

"Do we know the new neighbors?" I ask.

"Yes, as a matter of fact we do. Your father and John work together." My mom answers my question.

"Ahh, cool." I say as I finished making the salad.

"Alright the salad is done, I'll set the table." I say.

"Okay, dear. Thank you." My mom says.

"No problem." I grabbed the plates, cutlery, and napkins, heading towards the dining room. I begin setting the table.

Silly me, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Katrina, everyone knows me as Kat. My parents names are Sara and Maxwell. I'm an only child, although I have cousins that I consider my siblings. I'm older than them by 2 years. I finished my second year of College, going into my 3rd soon. It's currently the summer break, so I'm enjoying the break as much. Being in College is tough, that's for sure.

I snapped out my trance of thoughts, when dad walked in.

"Hello dad." I greet him.

"Hello, my girl." He greets me back.

Mom walks in, greeting my dad. They give each other a smooch, I vomit internally. Mom looks at me. "Oh, Katrina, the table looks very divine. Go and clean yourself up. They'll be here soon. I believe that they have a son your age." That's all it took for her to say for me to dash upstairs to get ready. I slammed my door accidentally, rushing to my closet, pulling out some casual, evening dresses. Once I found a light peach, short dress. I went for a shower.

Elijah

Can't believe we have packed away everything and stored in the moving truck. I got into the car following behind my parents. My dad's boss's son is in the car with me. Jake is his name. He and I have been good friends since dad started working at his dad's company. We arrived shortly to our new house. I look around the area, it's nice, houses aren't crammed next to each other. The moving truck backs into the driveway, I parked the car on the curb side. Jake and I got out of the car, going for the boxes. The movers had already taken care of the furniture, the only things we've got take care of is our clothes, house items, you know the usual things when you move.

I walked into the house, my mom comes over "Oh, my boys, you've arrived. Alright, so go straight ahead upstairs, down to your left is your room. Okay?"

"Thanks." I turn to Jake. "Follow me dude."

"Aight." Jake replies.

I nudge the door open lightly. Sure enough, my stuff is here, such as my bed, and table. I set the box down, opening it, I pulled out the curtains, Jake hands me the curtain rod. Once, I've got the curtains on, I step on the windowsill and putting my curtains up in its place. I got down from the windowsill, I pulled my shirt down, feeling that someone's watching me, I look straight ahead. I heard a squeal and a thud. Jake and I look at each other, both of with eyebrows raised.

"What was that?" He asks me.

"Not a clue." I say and we get back to work. Eventually, Jake had left after helping us unpack. He says he'll see me soon.

"You mister, go and shower, we're going to the Winters' for dinner. Okay?" My mom says.

"Alright, will do." I say, turning around, walking out of the kitchen and heading to my room upstairs. I walked into my bathroom, removing all my clothes, I hopped into the shower. Few minutes later, I came out, putting on my boxers, I walked out, grabbing a pair of dark grey jeans and a navy blue dress shirt ((shirts you wear for a suit, lol don't know the name))

I got dressed and I noticed sudden movements across the house. I walk closer to my window, I see a girl running over in her room in her bra and panties, she freezes as soon as she notices me, she dashes into her bathroom. I smirked, walking away.

This dinner is going to be interesting..

((Hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter of this book. See you in the next one))