Chapter 23

((ENJOY))

Katrina

3 days later and I have finally been discharged, usually it would take longer to recover and to stay in the hospital, but not in my case. The Doc has asked me to make sure to take it easy since my wounds can easily reopen, causing another bleed. My response to that was a simple nod.

The first thing I did when I got home, was take a shower with the help of my aunt, we wrapped my shoulder and leg in saran wrap. After the refreshing shower, I put on simple tie dye shorts and an oversized shirt with slip on shoes. I had my aunt blow dry my hair for me, since I have to make sure not to move my arm too much. She brushed it thoroughly.

"Thank you." I say turning to my aunt.

"You're very welcome. I think it would be best to keep this from your parents, at least for a little while. What do you think?" She asks me.

I think for a bit, if I tell them, they may ask me to move back or worse...they may come and get me. Hating that idea, I respond. "Yes, that may be the best thing. Because, knowing them, they may ask me to come back and I honestly do not want to leave this place just yet.." She gives me a weird look. "My best friend Jade, she's getting married in a couple of months, 3 to be exact." My aunt nods.

"Oh okay. That's good. How are you feeling?" She asks me.

"Honestly, fine. Hahah, kind of the perk of not being able to feel any pain." I say chuckling. My aunt nods at my response. "Alright, well I am going to go to the club, kind of been missing that place." I tell her.

"Are you sure?" She asks me. "Yeah, I miss them and that place has grown on me."

"Okay, be safe then." I nod, kissing her on the cheek and leaving.

During my walk, I thought back to while I was in the hospital, Elijah was with me during nights, but throughout the day, he had to work, so I understood. I wasn't lonely, my gals came as well as my aunt, they kept me company. I made my way to the club, double checking on my wounds, good, no bleed, whatsoever. Walking up the stairs and straight inside into the club. Laughter and chatter filling the space, it dies down when they saw me.

"Hello." I say.

"Aye, there's the survivor." One member points out.

"Holy shit, girl shouldn't you be in the hospital recovering still." Chad says, making me laugh.

"Yeah, wait.. why aren't you in the hospital?" Sadie asks, coming up to me and hugging me.

"I got discharged early?" I say, although it came out of as a question.

"I will tell you why." Paige starts, coming over to me, putting her arm around my shoulder. "Because, this girl is a badass bitch, who took a motherfucking bullet and survived. Hence, why she doesn't need to spend a minute longer on that hospital bed." She finishes, making us laugh and cheer too.

"True." I say. Luci came up to me. "Are you really okay?"

"Yes. Truly, I am." She smiles at my response.

We head on over to a table, taking our seats, drinks being served. Paige letting me know that Eli should be here soon, an hour or so. I nodded.

"Did it hurt?" Chad asks. Tommy smacked him lightly.

"You try getting stabbed and shot and then tell us if it hurt." Jax says.

"Honestly, no." I say.

"Why, cause you were in shock and filled with adrenaline?" Kyle asks.

"Yeah, and the fact that I cannot feel shit." I say, making Paige choke, she looks at me, I give her a look that says. "It is okay, it's best that they know." She gets it and nods.