The Misunderstanding

It's painful really. Watching the novices try to protect their moroi assignments made me think how they will do in the real world. I mean of course it is scary having trained guardians trying to "kill" you and your charge, but we are nothing compared to a strigoi. One after one the novices have been getting defeated. There were a select few, such as Eddie Castle- Lissa's novice- that actually beat us.
Rose was one of the only novices that we hadn't surprised yet, so we decided today was the day. It would not be me that would fight her but a teacher of hers, Stan.
He lunged at her before juking away and taking Christian down. She tensed up like she was about to fight but instead just stood there staring at nothing until Stan shook her out of that trance and reprimanded her for not protecting her charge.
"I am aware that Rose wasn't pleased with not receiving the Princess, but trust me when I say that she wouldn't just let him get killed. She's not that adolescent," I tried to explain.
"Well Belikov, it looks like your prized student is not as perfect as you lead us to believe," Stan commented.
"There must be an explanation for her actions, she would never-"
"Belikov! She froze up! Whether it was a accident-which knowing her I highly doubt- or not she still didn't even make an attempt to stop me!" Stan argued once more.
"If you'd just liste-" Stan tried to cut me off again. I felt my face harden and my eyes get cold. I stared daggers at him until he back off.
"As I was saying, if you'd just listen to what she has to say, then we can decide how to handle this. Bring her in."

•••
SO sorry for the really slow update and incredibly short chapter, I'm just experiencing horrid writers block and I apologize. I could really use some help coming up with ideas for the next couple chapters just to get the ball rolling. This is my first fanfic so bare with me.
Thanks
-P xx