The Second Chance

"I don't know what happened, honestly. You have all watched me grow up, train, become the guardian that I am today. Yes, I make mistakes but I would never purposely let a moroi get killed," I stood silently as Rose pleaded her case against the guardian staff, making excuses like, "I'm tired, I've been training 20 hours a day in the gym getting ready for this test." "I'm stressed out. This is my first time in this position and I'm kind of on edge." and "I really don't know what happened."

I'm ashamed to say that I zoned out until Stan dished out her sentence.

"Hathaway, you made a good point. I did watch you grow up, I know that this isn't you and that you would never do this purposely. That point being made, in the real world you won't have little meetings like this to decide your fate, no, in the real world it is life and death," I tried not to smirk when Rose nodded her head in mock defeat. "With that said, I think we can all agree that since you are our most eligible novice, you will be given a second chance. Do not waste it, Hathaway." I stayed standing by the wall as the too cleared.

"Roza, what really happened?"

"Were you really that spaced, Comrade? I'm tired, I'm stressed, and I just blanked out. I don't know what happened," she just lied straight to my face.

"Don't give me that. I know you. You don't 'just blank out'. Tell me the truth, Rose. You know that you can always trust me."

"I do trust you, Dimitri. I just know that you won't believe me, so I'm not even going to try to explain it."

"Of course I will believe you. Tell me, Roza," I plead using my nickname for her.

"I saw Mason," she whispered.

"Roza, Mason is-"

"I know he's dead! I was there remember! But I know what I saw," she interrupted.

"Okay. You think -- you saw Mason, and that's why you froze up with Stan?" I said trying to make sense of it all.

"Yes. I know it sounds crazy but it's the truth. I mean, vampires exist. Why can't ghosts?"

"I believe you, Roza," I say to calm her down. "I just think it's best that we keep this between us."

"If only I thought of that," she rolled her eyes and laughed.

She was half way out of the door when I called after her, "You'd better be ready for that second chance, Rose. It's always right there behind you."

•••

I am seriously having a lot of trouble writing this for whatever reason so if any of you would like to help me out in writing this just to get more updates in then just comment or something to let me know. Also if any of you know anyone or are a 5 Seconds of Summer fan, I'm working on two different fanfics that include them. My first is called 5 Seconds of What Now? and it is not great, but my newest is called Welcome to the Top and even though I just started I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out awesome. Anywayssss' thanks for actually taking time to read this story but I could really use some help if someone doesn't mind.
-P xx