Chapter Three

Ashley Benson as Crystal

Three-

"Crystal, I can explain," I say calmly, walking towards her.

"What, that you have a kid?" Crystal's eyes don't leave Skylar. Hurt is clear in her voice.

"I do, but I didn't know. I swear, I didn't know until last night."

Crystal seems hesitant. I get why. If I found out she secretly had a baby I would be beyond hurt.

"Whos baby is she?" She asks, moving closer to sit on the bed.

"Trinity's." At the mention of her name Crystal tenses up.

"Really, Trinity? I thought you didn't talk to her." Crystal looks at the little girl.

"I don't. Crystal, I promise I don't. She just dropped Skylar off this morning." I grab the letter from my dresser. "There's the letter she left."

As Crystal reads the letter I pick up Skylar. She's cute, just like her mommy. "This is crazy," Crystal says once she's done with the letter.

I scoff. "Tell me about it."

"What are you going to do?" She asks.

"I have no idea." I sit beside her on the bed. "What should I do?"

Skylar wiggles out of my arms and crawls around the room. "Babies are a handful, and expensive."

I nod, agreeing with her. "I'll probably talk to someone soon."

"I think that's what's best for everyone," Crystal agrees. I wrap an arm around her and kiss her temple. "I love you Colton." I'm shocked at her words, the words that bring back memories from lacrosse camp.

We've been dating for five months now. Wow, five months already. We started dating at the beginning of the school year. I used to think she was some stuck up cheerleader with big boobs, but at a party I found her crying in a bathroom and realized she's an actual person. We talked all night and I found out how cool she is.

"You don't have to say it back." She stands up before I can register what's happening. "I know it's too early but-"

I grab her wrist and pull her back to me. With a chuckle I say, "will you shut up?" She presses her lips together tightly. "I love you, too."

She sighs in relief before kissing me. "Good. For a second there I thought you weren't going to say it back."

"I will always say it back," I assure her with a smile.

•••••••

"Trinity! Where are you!" I whisper yell, looking behind the large tree.

There's a movement in the bushes to my right. Then a small giggle. I shake my head with a smile. She's terrible at this.

I sneak behind her. Her blonde hair is in a messy bun at the top of her head. I hear another giggle come out of her mouth and she brings a hand up to cover it. I cover her eyes with one hand and her mouth with the other as she starts to scream. I walk out from behind the bushes with her in kicking in my arms.

"Calm down Trin, it's just me," I whisper in her ear. She stops kicking and screaming, so I put her down.

"You jackass!" She slaps my chest before laughing. "How did you know I was back there?"

"You're a giggler," I say with a wink.

She smiles before standing on her toes to kiss me. When she pulls back, she bites her lip and says, "meet me at the gazebo in five minutes," and runs off.