Fairytales Never End

((Character designs based mostly off Once Upon A Time, but this is not a fanfic of it.))

When the last page is read in a book and the final line ends, do you think the story is over? That the villain is defeated and the happy ending is just that? The ending?

If you thought that, you're wrong.

We all know the epic tales of our most favorite Disney characters. Peter Pan. Snow White. Cinderella. Aladdin. The villain is defeated. The guy gets the girl. The end. However, these epic tales only manage to skim the surface.

The villains are much stronger than they seem to be. Putting their name on the pages of a book or in a wonderfully colored scene of a movie diminishes their power. For a short time, anyway. Their creators knew they needed a better way to contain them after their popularity died down.

A prison was built for the villains. The deeper into the prison you went, the worse the villains got. At first, the heroes who defeated them kept watch over them to make sure they didn't escape into our world like they wanted to, but seeing them every day only made things worse there. So, the board, consisting of the best of the best heroes, decided they needed to start bringing in outside help.

That was where Wendy came in. Her life was far from easy. Watching movies and reading books were her only escape goats. She loved them with a passion. A passion that was hard to ignore.

One day, she's approached by a man who all too well resembles The Mad Hatter. He offers her the chance of a lifetime, as he calls it, to experience what it truly means to be a Disney fan. She declines, thinking his top hat is on a little too tight. After some consideration, however, she decides to accept.

Like something straight out of Alice In Wonderland, a flash of light appears and she's taken into the land of fairy tales. Given the important task of watching after the worst of the worst villains, she begins to wonder if this is all real or if she's finally lost her sanity.

Either way, this could turn out to be a dream come true or a nightmare made real.