Tainted Wings (Black Butler/ Kuroshitsuji Fanfic)

Angels are supposed to be pure, heavenly creatures. They serve their almighty God with all they have and never question his judgment. They protect humanity and keep it safe from falling completely into the darkness. This is what they have done since the beginning of the Human race.

Demons are supposed to be evil, dark creatures. They serve their condemned Angel of Darkness with whatever they feel like giving and taunt him for it. They tarnish humanity and try to drag it farther into the darkness with each attempt. This is what they've done since falling from Heaven.

A very long time ago, a treaty was forged between Heaven and Hell. A treaty that kept the peace as best it could. It stated that every other one thousand years, ten Angels would be traded to a slave auction in Hell and vice versa for the Demons.

Not many know about this, however. Angels and Demons who reach a certain age are sent to Earth to be reborn as Humans, so those that were there to remember it, cannot tell those of the next generations. Maybe that is why they wait so long to do the trade, but either way, only a select few know the details and when it will happen.

They have a special way of telling who will be chosen for the bidding. For Demons, a part of their body will turn white, like the color for purity; the whiter the body part, the more coveted the Demon. For Angels, their wings will turn black; the blacker the wing, the more coveted the Angel.

There is a rarity, however. Any Angel with red wings will literally be fought over. They say the Demon that devours this Angel will be able to live on for eternity.

One could only hope they are not bought by the Nobility. Even among Angels, the Nobility are the cruelest.