Bowling (Book 2 Episode 4)

Jacks POV: 

Me and my friend squad (Aka Quint, Dirk and June) Were heading off to have some fun! Where we decided to go today was the bowling Alley as it was Quint's idea because he wanted to get some new shoes he's always wanted to add to his collection.

"here we are." June said breaking the silence as we all walked in.

"Smells kind of.. Funny" Dirk said. He is such a weirdo and he used to bully us?! Why is he even in our group i will never know.

Quint replied to Dirk "Dirk, it's just your imagination" as he walked over to a massive wall of a BUNCH of bowling shoes. I noticed him smile at shoes? That's just Quint. I've known him since kindergarten and i don't know how to react around him.

"Hey! Jack!" June said as she ran over to me with a bowling ball in her hand. "Wanna bet?" she said and winked at me.

"sure, whats the bet?" I said , June was the type of girl who loved to win , she was really competitive and i couldn't say no.

"Whoever knocks down all the pins gets to pick where we go next." she had pulled her hand out in front of me.

"Deal!" I said and shook her hand. While we stood there staring at each other for a bit she passed me the bowling ball. I nearly fell over when she passed it me it was that heavy , how could she carry that?!

I rolled the ball and had only got 2 pins! June laughed at me and called me pathetic and that she could "do better" yeah right!

"alright i'm next" She grabbed the bowling ball out my hand and reloaded the pins. As it reloaded zombies had came down from where the pins should've. June screamed and ran behind me and Dirk. I stood there shocked and Quint had whispered to me "I guess we found some of the missing zombies.." Which made me laugh a bit.

Me and dirk Jumped behind these huge boxes full of bowling balls (we got lucky). Dirk grabbed one out the box and threw it at the zombies! It hadn't worked on a zombie when he threw it and shouted at my "Dingus! do something there's a gazallion of them!" I didn't know what to do until i saw some pins on the floor and grabbed my bat. Dirk threw up the pins and I hit them to get the zombies (which worked).

"Quint did you see that? Quint?" I said and looked around for Quint, He shouted back at me "Here!" but then he screamed as a zombie came up behind him. I watched as they all crowded around Quint and he was screaming "JACK!" I ran over and grabbed my bat hitting them as much as i could to get them off him.

June noticed and came to help. "GET OFF OUR FRIEND!" she shouted and bonked a zombie on the head. I just screamed "QUINT" and some tears fell down my eyes. Luckily the shreaking came and the zombies had walked away. I heard Dirk shout "Thank god , the shreaking" And he let out a relieved sigh.

Quint had got up. I was so relieved that he was okay! He's my best friend but i care way to much about him. I walked over to him " you i- you-" I stuttered on my words "YOU'RE OKAY!" and i hugged him so tight he lost some breath (I think) Dirk walked over to us and just said "Well guess that's gay.." And walked away. What a douche bag we just hugged. Him and Quint fist bump all the time but him saying that made me feel quite happy.

We all walked out and hopped in BIG MAMMA (the car Quint had made) and June drove off back to the tree house. During the drive home i was getting worried about Quint what if he got hurt? Is he okay? Maybe i should make sure if the tree house is safe before he goes back in. I don't what was wrong with me but i cared about him so much (No homo) it kind of made me cry. 

Before Quint came out BIG MAMMA i checked under the bottom of the car to check if .. you know there was anything that could hurt him! I was just worried - 

"Uh Jack what are you doing?" Quint looked down to see my underneath the car. "Oh you know just checking for things that might kill you like Rusty nails, Zombies, Monsters" I smiled at him making it seem like this was normal. He looked at me confused the closed the car door and walked over to Dirk and June, who were talking.

We all got into the tree house and Dirk was the first to go to sleep. Quint next then June. But for me i just couldn't i kept having these nightmares about Quint that he was getting hurt, Whats wrong with me?! I don't know why i was having these or why i cared so much but i did! To be honest every time i thought about it, it made me feel quite sick to my stomach. For now i want to keep him safe you- you know just in case. I got out of bed to check on Quint (as i couldn't sleep at all) He was fast asleep and snoring i sighed and walked down to where Dirk and June were sleeping. No one was awake except me. Which was good.

Before getting back to bed i heard the shrieking again , what is that? , i thought to myself I walked outside and got my binoculars. I should follow them! It wouldn't be that hard going out by myself. I went down the ladder and woke up rover, just before i got onto rover something talked me.

"AAAH!!" I screamed only to realise it was just Quint.

"What are you doing Jack?" He said, he was on top of me "Oh sorry, Let me get off you first" he rolled on to the grass and got up.

"What are you doing awake Quint?" I asked, he was wearing his robe and his ugly shark slippers (I didn't tell him they were ugly though, i didn't want to make him upset)

"I could ask the same for you" He was obviously trying to be smart, I couldn't tell him what I was up to but i did, I couldn't keep anything secret from my buddy.

"I'm going out to find the shrieking" I said confidently he gave me the face of 'you are so stupid why are you doing that' But i don't care! I know he thinks i'm full of myself but i'm not I'm trying to keep him ... and the others safe.

"I'll come with you!" He said and stood like a superhero. NO WAY was he coming with me i wouldn't want him to get hurt i would just want him to be safe..

"No way are you coming , you're staying"

"Uhm no i'm not i'm coming Jack you can't go on your own you know June will have a fit"

I rolled my eyes at him

"Fine! you can come, but June will still be mad at the two of us"

"She's made at everyone" He laughed