chapter seven

Eh? It's already morning?

Yuki rubbed her eyes intensively, blinking a few times then looking around half-asleep. The sunlight slid through the cracks of the window, welcoming a new day. She felt this soft surface that her head was lying on, then the tall shadow above her head, his head was pushed back and he was still wandering in his dreams, his eyelashes shut tight.

"Megumi.." she said, then getting up from her spot, the training jacket from the night before falling onto her lap while still wrapped around her waist. "He's still sleeping," she muttered to herself.

Around her everyone were still asleep, some snoring even. The pile of clothes were stashed in an opened cabinet, their bags or possessions spilling over the empty glass bottles and plastic wrappers. Their upperclassmen lied on each other's fuzzy socks, while the two other first years lied next to one another, under the warmth of a towel.
She tried to get up and wake them, but this weight on her head and legs kept pulling her down. The heat from her forehead was heavy, and it made her feel nauseous as she fell back to rest on the sofa, steadying her breath. Every action made her need for a vomit worse, and a headache came whenever she move or even blink. This sensation felt wrong, something was wrong with her.

"Good morning sleepyhead," said the sleepy raven, yawning from his spot from the night before, then he hurried over to her side, noticing her fatigue, "Hey Yuki? You all right there?"

"No-no I'm good. I have to train with..Panda-senpai today," she held up a hand to protest, but the heat from her body says different. Yuki tried to get up but her legs failed her, and they wobbled in the air. Megumi placed his palm on her, the heat burning his fingers, he flinched, then looked at her once more, closely. She was sweating all over, but her hands held herself as the she shivered from the freezing cold.

"Yuki..you have quite the fever. I can't let you train like this. Must be from yesterday's rain..," he whined, deeming himself to be the one at fault, "No worries, I'll get you to Shouko-san before the others wake up."

"No, no," she waved her hand to stop him, then grunting in pain, every word she spoke hurted, "I'm alright, I'll just get back to my room and get a good rest. I don't want to bother her again with my stupidity." She tried to stand up, but her hunger, fever, and exhaust kept pulling her downwards.

The boy quickly held her up and gave her a piggyback ride, holding the back of her legs tightly. Yuki held the collar of his shirt, while falling into the back of his head, his hair touching her face, a nostalgic scent rushing into her nostrils.

"At least let me carry you there," he smiled.

Smells like home, she thought, playing around and twirling his pitch-black locks of hair as he carried her back for treatment as silently as he could, not wanting to wake the others up.

Next thing she knew, she had fallen asleep due to some unwanted circumstances and woke up to the sight of her ceiling, with a blanket on her and the breeze coming in from the crevices of the door,

"How long have I been asleep?" she thought out loud, trying to sit up under the heavy-weighted blankets. A wet towel fell onto her chest, the one that must have been on her forehead, and it was stilll newly soaked. This meant that someone had been changing the towels every now and then, and with precision too, each fold of the towel was neat and careful.

She turned to her side table and noticed a bowl of green palette, a quickly-scribbled note that looked like it was ripped from a page in a notebook, and her phone, miraculously appearing in her room even though it wasn't supposed to.