-1-

Hey so this is my first merder fanfict. If u came here from my dempeo ones heyyyyy and in this story Dereks dad is still alive and this will be my main book for rn bc at the moment I lost inspiration for my dempeo ones but I will finish them eventually  

Author pov:

It was a normal cold New York city day and Derek Shepherd like he did every Friday night was at his desk working. He didn't have a girlfriend and wasn't really looking for one. He did have one night stands but since he took over his fathers business and since then he was interested in dating. He was focused on his career. So focused in fact he didn't even hear his best friend knock and walk in his office until Mark Sloan screamed in his face. "GET UP SHEP WE ARE GOING OUT" he yelled into his face. "Why Mark so you can get laid" Derek asked his friend smirking. Mark had known Derek since he was 5 and had somehow become family to the shepherds. Mark was the typical manwhore and would probably never settle down, he could never commit and probably never will. "I can get laid without you but come on please just come" Mark begged. "Mark I promise we can go out tomorrow but tonight I am going to the book store and going home" Derek said getting out of his chair and grabbing his laptop and files as well as a ton of paperwork. "Fine you better or I will beat your ass" Mark said walking out of Dereks office to go the bar. 

Derek walked out of his office and locked the door. He then walked outside and his driver was there waiting for him. "Hi Mr. Shepherd" Dereks driver Marvin said. "Hey Marvin, before you drive me home take me to the book store and then take me home" Derek asked. "Of course Mr.Shepherd right away" Marvin replied.

After a short 10 minute drive to the book store Derek got out and went up the stairs. As he was walking in he realized a beautiful blonde haired girl in the middle of the book store reading and doing some type of paperwork. Derek, obviously being him was usually very confident when trying to talk to a girl. He got them all the time, but something about this girl was different. He was almost afraid to talk to her. 

Derek went looking for a book in the novel section and saw her again, her green eyes and the honey hair he just could stop looking at her. Derek decided to go and see if she needed help grabbing the book since he was taller than her. 

"Hey I wanted that book" the myserious girl said

"Here" he said grabbing the book and giving it to her 

"I thought you needed help" he said giving her his signature smile. 

"Uhhh thanks I guess" she replied

"Whats your name" Derek asked

"Meredith and yours is...." Meredith asked

"Derek" he replied reaching out to shake her hand

"Thats a nice name" she giggled

"Do you come here often?" He asked

"I come here after work around this time almost everyday" She replied

"Nice well Meredith I hope to see you here again" Derek said trying to flirt

"Same" She replied 

"Well Derek thank you for getting my this book but I should probably go back and finish my work" She said walking away

'And just like that she was gone' he thought. Derek knew he was going to come again tomorrow in hopes of seeing her and getting her number but a girl like her wouldn't fall for him. Yeah he had the looks but he was a dork and she was, well she was a beauty. He walked out of the bookstore and into the car. 

"Marvin take me home" he asked

"Of course Mr. Shepherd right away" Marvin said driving Derek back to his multimillion dollar apartment. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meredith Grey never had life easy, her father left as a kid and her mother was a harsh and cold surgeon. Meredith never did relationships and her last one was in high school. Its not that she didn't want a boyfriend she had abandonment issues as well as commitment and trust. Most her issues came from having her dad leaving at such a young age and her mother never caring about her.  So reading became her friend. Thats what she had and she was ok with that. She became a teacher when she couldn't make money from her writing. She was a great writer but no one really read books anymore and no one ever dead short stories so she became a teacher, and now she was a teacher at one of the most popular schools in New York. She stills writes often but never in idea to sell them.  Now she sits here in the book store in the same spot she does every night. Except tonight she met a boy and now couldn't stop thinking about him. He had perfect hair and blue eyes, the type of blue you can't describe. She was distracted which was never a good idea when grading work and having major writers block. After about 20 minutes of not doing anything except thinking about that strange man named Derek. She decided to head home for the night. Meredith started walking out when her phone ringed. It was from her little sister Lexie. 

"Yes Lexie what do you want" I asked annoyed. I did usually like my half sister but for past the past couple of days she has been trying to set me up

"Mer you need to listen to me this time, I found the best guy for yo-" Lexie said and I immediately hung up. 

I didn't have anything against dating but I wasn't looking for anything. I got into a taxi and I texted Lexie I could call her back later. After the short drive back to my small one bedroom apartment I immediately went to bed in hopes of seeing him again. 

so what do you guys think of this???? i am taking a break from my dempeo ones and i really love merder fanficts rn and also this idea was mainly AlSRLV but I switched it up and changed the name but it was first her idea