-2-

enjoy 😋

Author pov:

It had been a week, a week since he has seen her face, smelt her hair, touched her and he was miserable. He had been so busy with work and tonight he finally had a night off. Derek thanked the world that Mark was sick so he didn't have to go to the bar and pretend to be interested in some girl with half a shirt and boobs hanging out trying to get him to buy her a drink. So tonight he was going to the bookstore and see Meredith.

He still couldn't get over the way the name rolled off his tongue. He decided to get out of the building and since it was a nice day out he would walk there. It was only a few blocks so he decided why not. Before he left the building he finished up a few odds and ends and then left to go to the flower shop.

He thought he was insane, buying flower for a girl who probably didn't know he existed. But in the back of his mind he was excited. Derek shepherd the dorky, idiotic man was finally going to ask a girl out.

He wasn't the type to ask a girl out, and he knew that he should be in a relationship right now but something about her he had to have and know more about. She was like a drug, and once he looked at her, touched her, and said her name. He had to do it again.

And there was no way he would never get enough of the drug that was named Meredith Grey

Derek walked out of the flower shop and made is way over to the bookshop she was always at. And he wasn't even going out of his way to see her. He did need a new books so why not go to the bookstore she was at and see her.

He walked the 15 minutes walk and finally made it to the bookstore. He opened the door and was immediately greeted by a flowery perfume. And then he saw her.

Derek saw her and got completely nervous 'what if she says no' he thought' or 'what if she has a boyfriend' which got him furious of she did because he wanted to be with her. He got up the nerve to go up to her.

His hands were furiously sweating as he was walking over to the table she was at but he soon reached the table and saw the book she was reading.

"The sun also rises thats one of my favorite book" Derek said

"Mine to, its the second time iv'e read it" she replied

"So what are you doing here" she asked

"I just wanted to see your pretty face agai-  not that I would date someone based off of looks, man I just messed it up" He said out loud

"You don't look like the type of man to do that" Meredith said

"Well lets see the type of man I am lets say 8?" He asked

"That wasn't really smooth, and as much as I would love to I can't tonigh-" She said but was cut off my Derek

"I cant believe i'm getting rejected, I should of known you were taken"

"Derek its not that, I have to get up early so I can't go out but I can do coffee tomorrow"

"Great, so now lemme ask again. Meredith would you like to go out and drink coffee with me" Derek asked

"I would love to Derek" she replied

"Great, coffee shop around the corner at like 9 am" He asked

"9 am is perfect Derek" she replied

"Well I have to go bye Derek" Meredith said kissing his cheek and walking out

Derek couldn't stop touching his cheek right where she kissed it. He was falling and he was falling fast. At least thats what he thought.

He was never used to feeling this way, he had never been in love. But then this Meredith Grey came along and now he was ruined. He was supposed to be working and becoming the best law firms in the world.

But now, he was almost certain he was falling for Meredith Grey.

Derek left the book store after getting a romantic book, now he was in the mood to read a little romance because of her. He walked back to his office and went up to his floor, the 28th floor and went into his office.

He sat on the couch on opened his book. After 10 minutes of reading he stopped and started doing his paper work before heading downstairs to find his driver waiting for him. Derek desperately wanted to get home and for it to be the next morning already.

Meredith Grey left the book store with her cheeks red and she felt a feeling deep into her stomach. She was actually excited to have a date or whatever she was having with Derek tomorrow. And Meredith Grey never did dates. When she did date she barely ever made it pass the first so one night stands was really her move.

But now she was excited to go on a date with Derek and she didn't know why, but she didn't want this feeling to go away.

Meredith walked back to her best friends apartment eager to tell her she had was meeting a guy for coffee.

"Hey Cristina" I said walking into her apartment with the key she gave me. I didn't hear an answer but I heard the shower on so I just walked in.

"Mer what the hell" She yelled covering herself up

"Cris I don't care if I see your boobs but if you do care, your tits are very nice and Owen is a lucky guy" I said rolling my eyes.

Cristina and Owen have been together for almost 2 years now and the relationship was anything but toxic. There were fights sometimes but he always apologized and made it up to her. But of course I had to approve of the relationship first.

"Mer what do you want" She asked annoyed

"I have a date" Meredith said excitingly

"No way with who" she asked

"With a guy named Derek, we meet at a bookstore and today he asked me on a date" Meredith said excitingly

"It's about time you got some action" She said

"Cristina you are terrible" Meredith said walking out of the bathroom

"You love me" she yelled

"Yeah you know I do" Meredith replied

Meredith walked down the hall to her own apartment and finally after finishing up grading, was done with work and went to bed. Excited for what was to happen tomorrow

Heyyyy so second chapter done what do u think so far. I might try and update late this week or early next week but we will see.